The Student Room Group

Captia 'Lead the Way' Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I completed the test on friday last week. Thought they would have loads of backlog and I'd have to wait ages before hearing back but apparently not. I don't know the process they use to decide and there's almost no information available on what to expect in the phone interview. I guess its because its a fairly new grad program.
Reply 21
Did anyone go to the information day in London? Was it useful? I've taken a day off work tomorrow and I am planning on going to the information day in Sheffield about the graduate scheme.
Reply 22
And I'm still working through the application questions. Hoping to submit them tomorrow! I really find it hard to say what I want to say whilst keeping to the small word count! Fingers crossed!
Reply 23
I had my phone interview 8th April and only received a call yesterday inviting me to the assessment centre June 10th in London.

I asked how many people per scheme but the woman didn't know but said they would get back to me about it.
hey, well done for getting to the assessment centre :smile:. I heard that around 20 people are at each centre and around a quarter get offers from that stage, but that was last year so maybe that has changed a bit.
I have a couple of queries and would like to speak to someone from Capita but I am having trouble finding any contact details. Can anybody help me out?
Reply 26
If 1 in 4 people get the job I like those odds.

I emailed them from the address on the capita website, they only took a few hours to get back to me.
[email protected]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
After you had done the numeracy and verbal tests, how long did it take to hear whether you were successful for the telephone interview?
Reply 28
For me it only took a couple of days but that was not long after the application opened. I'm assuming volumes have increased now though.
Reply 29
I passed the online tests! *phew* so am now starting preparation for the telephone interview! Fingers crossed!! How is everyone else doing? What stages are you all at now?
Reply 30
Congrats!!!

I received an email yesterday about the location of the assessment centre. I have mine June 10th London, is anyone else at the same one?
mine is 8th july in bristol. anyone going to that one?
Original post by EugeniaX1
Hey Well done!!!

I do know that they are taking double the amount they took last year. so that is maybe roughly 40.. But I heard there are only two assessment days??

Strange!!!

I am still waiting. If you waited a month after your phone interview- God help me!!

I got through to the telephone interview stage (still waiting to hear back) and I asked how many places there were. The woman told me there are 58 places, around 10-15 per individual graduate scheme. She said that for the scheme I was applying for alone (Project Management) there were around 99 telephone interviews being held.
Reply 33
I was told at the Sheffield Capita information day that they had had 2500 applicants so you all that have got to the Assessment centre have done really well so far! Welldone! I wonder how many people make it past the online maths/english tests?
I always struggle with telephone interviews so I'm trying to do loads of prep on it! Mine's on 28th, so I have a few more days to get ready.
Reply 34
Sounds like they have a couple of ACs going...mines on July 15th. Anyone else booked in for that one?
Reply 35
Id assume they do as mine is 10th June in London, there is another 8th July in Bristol and yours is 15th July.
I'm just wondering how many people would be at each assessment centre assessment centre really.
Reply 36
How hard is the telephone interview guys? Mine got cancelled yesterday due to staff being off sick and is now rescheduled for 12th June?
Reply 37
I had my telephone interview yesterday. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as I hoped as the phone kept on disconnecting. Not sure whether it was my phone or there's...but I was on my home phone and I've never had that problem before! Never mind. I haven't heard back yet...but I suppose there's always next year! :smile:

How long did it take people to hear back from the phone interview?
Reply 38
Is anyone here actually already on the scheme? This Capita scheme was new last year wasn't it? I remember people discussing whether it was going to be any good or not - would be interesting to see how it worked out for the first years.
Reply 39
I passed the phone interview! Yay! Booked in for the Assessment day on 10th July in Leeds.

I spoke to a guy at the Sheffield Capita Careers information day who was currently on it. He is doing Customer Management and is absolutely loving every minute. He said it has been a massive learning experience and you are shoved right in at the deep end but he really likes it.

There are some videos on youtube as well of last year's graduates telling you how they are finding it!

Quick Reply

Latest