The Student Room Group

Captia 'Lead the Way' Graduate Scheme 2014

Hi there,

I am applying for this graduate scheme this year. I just thought it would be nice to have a thread to support each other throughout the process! :smile:

Who else is applying and how are you finding the application form?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I have submitted an application, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Has anybody submitted an application yet? I am intrigued as to what kind of numerical and verbal test we have to do. I keep failing the SHL ones, so hope they don't use SHL? Someone said that the tests are Thomas international, PPA and GIA can anyone confirm?

I wanted to apply to this program last year, but I just didn't get round to it. I have noticed that they require candidates to answer the competency questions as well as upload a cover letter!!! They are working us this time arent they!!

The program is 3 years right? Not two? like 2013 cohert??
Reply 2
secondly what areas of the business do you guys want to work in. I remember there was a question about what area of the business do you want to work in and why? I found that really hard- because there are so many facets of Capita. My boyfriend works for them, so I just out down his area. Asset Services. What did you guys put down?
Reply 3
Hi there! I haven't completed my application form yet, still working on it, so I am unsure as to which tests they use! I agree, the SHL ones are hard!

I think this is going to be a really competitive scheme, so I imagine they will be working us very very hard! I think there is likely to be a fair few places available though!

I found that question hard too...It's hard to choose a specific area! I went for Leadership & Management, and then Customer Management & International.
Hi there. I submitted my application towards the start of April and then I had a phone interview on 10th April. I have not heard back from them yet and I was just wondering if anyone else has heard back since a phone interview? They advised me it would take a good few weeks to hear news because they are still processing so many applications, but it has been 17 days now and I would really like to hear something soon!
About the type of tests in the application process, I actually dont remember, Iv done so many applications lately that they have all blended into one :biggrin:
Hi there,

I applied toward the beginning of April and I then had a phone interview on 10th April. I have not heard anything back yet, although they did say it would take a good few weeks as they process other applications. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard back from their phone interview yet?
Reply 6
Hey!

gdgd! Yeah it going to be a highly competitive programme!!

I did the test there were SHL or PSL I don't remember- I too have done many test recently!!!

Original post by derryr1
Hi there! I haven't completed my application form yet, still working on it, so I am unsure as to which tests they use! I agree, the SHL ones are hard!

I think this is going to be a really competitive scheme, so I imagine they will be working us very very hard! I think there is likely to be a fair few places available though!

I found that question hard too...It's hard to choose a specific area! I went for Leadership & Management, and then Customer Management & International.
Reply 7
They are properly really overwhelmed with applications. I think the assessment days are not until June/July- so they properly want to see all the applications first maybe??? and then make a decision as to who they will invite to an assessment day??

Good luck. I am waiting to see if I get invited to phone interview stage.

Original post by GREEN1234567
Hi there. I submitted my application towards the start of April and then I had a phone interview on 10th April. I have not heard back from them yet and I was just wondering if anyone else has heard back since a phone interview? They advised me it would take a good few weeks to hear news because they are still processing so many applications, but it has been 17 days now and I would really like to hear something soon!
About the type of tests in the application process, I actually dont remember, Iv done so many applications lately that they have all blended into one :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hey any luck on whether you have been invited to the assessment day??

Reply 9
hi, I'm hoping to complete my application today. I've been bogged down at work so hadn't yet had time to complete it!

congrats on your phone interviews guys! Hope they went well!

Any advice on what they are like? Are they just like others i.e. compentency based questions and current business climate etc?
I got an invite to an assessment centre on July 8th. They told me nearly a month after my phone interview
anyone have an idea how many people are offered jobs from the assessment centre stage? maybe someone who went through the process last year?
Hey Well done!!!

I do know that they are taking double the amount they took last year. so that is maybe roughly 40.. But I heard there are only two assessment days??

Strange!!!

I am still waiting. If you waited a month after your phone interview- God help me!!

I got an invite to an assessment centre on July 8th. They told me nearly a month after my phone interview
Two months to prep for an assessment day!!

Normally get a few weeks!! interesting!!

@GREEN1234567 do you remember how long it took for you to get a phone interview after you submitted your online test?

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EugeniaX1
Two months to prep for an assessment day!!

Normally get a few weeks!! interesting!!

@GREEN1234567 do you remember how long it took for you to get a phone interview after you submitted your online test?

it was about a week after i completed everything that i was asked to arrange a phone interview. are you at that stage now? good luck!
yh I am at that stage now.

Have they told you yet what activities you will be doing at the assessment day? Is it London?

There is a thread that was created last year. Check it out. Towards the end people were a little bitter, those that were rejected after the assessment day, had to wait a good few weeks before they got feedback.

It sounds like a pretty good scheme, and starting salary is great! The chance to study for some exams is also a plus!!

it was about a week after i completed everything that i was asked to arrange a phone interview. are you at that stage now? good luck!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2408916

Thats the link to the discussions around the program last year.
They told me I would get some more information soon. I just know the date at the moment and that it will be in Bristol.
Ye the starting salary is really good, especially if your based outside London. I am really curious to know how many people will be assessed at the assessment centres.
Interesting to read some of the comments on last years thread!
Anyway, good luck with your application and post an update if there is any progress :smile:
Reply 18
Hey! Just found out I have a telephone interview..any advice from anyone thats recently completed this??
Hey

When did you submit your application? I completed the test on wednesday last week. Still haven't heard anything? Surely i would have got rejection email by now?

Quick Reply

Latest