The Student Room Group

Year 12's looking at London Uni's

Hellooooo. Well. The title says it all.
Will be nice getting to know you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was looking at doing maths at UCL or ICL.

How about you?
Reply 2
I'm looking at UCL, Kings and Queen Mary to do English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'd really like to get into kings to do neuroscience, it all depends on my grades though of course! Do you guys feel prepared for the upcoming exams?
Reply 4
Original post by icharliee
I'm looking at UCL, Kings and Queen Mary to do English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, I'm a bit worried about going to London purely because of the cost of living there.
Reply 5
Original post by u_lovelife
I'd really like to get into kings to do neuroscience, it all depends on my grades though of course! Do you guys feel prepared for the upcoming exams?

Not at all! I'm panicking so much :/ How about you?
Reply 6
Original post by Froobee
Tbh, I'm a bit worried about going to London purely because of the cost of living there.

Where do you live? I live in London so I was just planning to stay at home but you're right living in London can be quite expensive, especially central London :/
Reply 7
Original post by Froobee
Not at all! I'm panicking so much :/ How about you?

So am I I've been stressing out all week about how unprepared I am for biology, there's just so much content to go over :frown:
To make things worse our school refuses to give us study leave
Reply 8
Where do you live? I live in London so I was just planning to stay at home but you're right living in London can be quite expensive, especially central London :/

North-West.
Reply 9
So am I I've been stressing out all week about how unprepared I am for biology, there's just so much content to go over :frown:

Not at all! I am so stressed. History is killing me!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Froobee
North-West.

I'm worried about finance as well but there are enough bursaries to cover the costs, i've looked into it. Plus, I know it is doable because people do it all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I'm worried about finance as well but there are enough bursaries to cover the costs, i've looked into it. Plus, I know it is doable because people do it all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what sort of bursaries? Ive spoken to some students who said it is really hard (financially)
Reply 12
Original post by Froobee
what sort of bursaries? Ive spoken to some students who said it is really hard (financially)

Living would be about 11k a year. Maintenance grant + loan could be around 7k + nsp bursaries and for example kings college fund, etc. Get a part time job to help you out.
I mean. Maybe i'm kidding myself just to cope with idea.... You won't have much of a social life though. I can tell you that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

How is your revision going? Mine is going terribly, way too much procrastinating. :argh:
Reply 14
Original post by Froobee
How is your revision going? Mine is going terribly, way too much procrastinating. :argh:

Too much procrastinating here, too. I also don't get any study leave. But this *might* be a good thing as i'll do more in class and out of the house. But history is actually killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Living would be about 11k a year. Maintenance grant + loan could be around 7k + nsp bursaries and for example kings college fund, etc. Get a part time job to help you out.
I mean. Maybe i'm kidding myself just to cope with idea.... You won't have much of a social life though. I can tell you that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be worth it, having a degee from a well known uni. I guess we still have time to think about it.
Reply 16
Original post by Froobee

Today I have not picked up a single book...

Last week was a good start I'm on my way to finishing all my notes for biology and chemistry then I'll move on to past papers

However, I tried doing a unit 1 biology paper today and half the questions looked like gibberish to me as I didn't understand what they were asking for, so that's just stressed me out and demotivated me from continuing...
I'm looking at UCL for either Neuroscience or Pharmacology :smile:
Reply 18
Exactly. I just.... Am so excited. And i'm also worrying about offers from now. It is so hard :frown: what subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Too much procrastinating here, too. I also don't get any study leave. But this *might* be a good thing as i'll do more in class and out of the house. But history is actually killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think we get study leave either. What other courses do you do?

Quick Reply

Latest