The Student Room Group

Am I cursed? Or am I just stupid?

Hi, I sat my GCSE'S nearly 2 years ago and received 4B's, 3C's and 3D's - is that any good? Looking back at them now i feel as though I've done really bad, as I've seen other people who work nowhere as hard as me acheiving A's and A*s. This has really put me down, and i know i could have done better!

At the moment I'm doing my A-Levels, and have exams in a month, I'm finding it really difficult to stay positive as I am generally a pessimistic person and I am forcing myself to stay positive, but i have a really bad feeling that I will not acheivemy full potential when i open the results in August, and as always I will be gutted!

I feel as though I have been cursed with bad luck because it feels as though whatever I touch goes wrong. e.g. My driving instructor doesn't want to help me take lessons any more, I can't cook, I can't clean, I'm failing academically, I can't seem to get a job, I feel as though everyone hates me, I feel like a burden to everyone I talk to, I feel as though I'm not making my parents proud. I seriously have no idea what to do.

Help. Kind regards :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by alevelexams
Hi, I sat my GCSE'S nearly 2 years ago and received 4B's, 3C's and 3D's - is that any good? Looking back at them now i feel as though I've done really bad, as I've seen other people who work nowhere as hard as me acheiving A's and A*s. This has really put me down, and i know i could have done better!

At the moment I'm doing my A-Levels, and have exams in a month, I'm finding it really difficult to stay positive as I am generally a pessimistic person and I am forcing myself to stay positive, but i have a really bad feeling that I will not acheivemy full potential when i open the results in August, and as always I will be gutted!

I feel as though I have been cursed with bad luck because it feels as though whatever I touch goes wrong. e.g. My driving instructor doesn't want to help me take lessons any more, I can't cook, I can't clean, I'm failing academically, I can't seem to get a job, I feel as though everyone hates me, I feel like a burden to everyone I talk to, I feel as though I'm not making my parents proud. I seriously have no idea what to do.

Help. Kind regards :smile:

you are not cursed or stupid, you just need help.
Reply 2
Not cursed or stupid you just haven't really found your way yet. When you find your way you'll be more confident in everything you do. What I'm gathering is you lack self confidence and have a lack of faith in yourself. I had pretty similar GCSEs to you (apart from the D grades) 2B 5C, zero social life but now I'm on A/A*s because I've found my way and I can handle social situations much better.

There isn't a definition for 'finding your way' its just find what works for you and what enables you to achieve the best you can. Stop comparing yourself to everyone in a negative way, use it as motivation to go above and beyond :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Robbie242
Not cursed or stupid you just haven't really found your way yet. When you find your way you'll be more confident in everything you do. What I'm gathering is you lack self confidence and have a lack of faith in yourself. I had pretty similar GCSEs to you (apart from the D grades) 2B 5C, zero social life but now I'm on A/A*s because I've found my way and I can handle social situations much better.

There isn't a definition for 'finding your way' its just find what works for you and what enables you to achieve the best you can. Stop comparing yourself to everyone in a negative way, use it as motivation to go above and beyond :smile:

really? you made that big an improvement?
Reply 4
Original post by 391iady
really? you made that big an improvement?

yep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest