The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Londoners

Do you plan to stay at home or go into accommodation? Could you reason your answer
I'm a Londoner first year and stayed in accommodation, but a few of my Londoner friends stayed at home. I stayed in halls since I figured it might be the only opportunity to do it that I might have and I wanted to see what it was like. It's nice to have a set of people to go to lectures with, and who you already know when the classes start. Oh yeah, and it makes freshers a bit easier :tongue: If you live out, you get a larger student loan, so finance wasn't a massive problem. Until fairly recently I would have said the closest friends I have are the ones I'm in the same hall as, but that's less true as the year goes on. Overall, I'm really glad I decided to live out.

That said, my friends who've stayed at home haven't regretted it either. They don't feel they've missed out on a social life or anything and I'm guessing it's nice to have a room to yourself which you can use whenever you want (I didn't as I was in a shared room) and guaranteed meals. :biggrin: Then again, I think they get on with their parents a bit better than I do, so that probably factored into their decision.

It's worth remembering that if you live in London, you're more likely to get a shared room (as I did) so it's worth taking that into account when making your decision. I'd say live out for the experience and the independence and go home when you want a break from the 'bubble' that is LSE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending