The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel like dropping out???

So we've only got a few weeks until exams start, and I am definitely feeling the pressure, having panic attacks nearly every day ect. Actually debating whether dropping out even if I've only got 2 months left of college (in A2)
I'm doing maths aqa, business aqa and economics wjec :-(

There's too much pressure on us young people! Does anyone agree?
I might feel a little bit better if anyone else is feeling the way I am?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kat5e1
So we've only got a few weeks until exams start, and I am definitely feeling the pressure, having panic attacks nearly every day ect. Actually debating whether dropping out even if I've only got 2 months left of college (in A2)

I think pretty much everyone is feeling the same way you are. I would say definitely continue! Think about your strong and weak spots and manage your time accordingly.
don't drop out, 2 months left. Are you going to throw away everything you have done for the last two years when you've nearly crossed the line? Go for it. Better finishing than dropping out/not revising and ending up wondering what grades you could have got.
Reply 3
Original post by kat5e1

Okay, I'll say right now. Don't.
I did, last year, I was only 2 months in and due to personal problems (as well as panic attacks and other mental health issues). I regret it so much now and wish I just stuck through it. It was honestly, the worst decision I have made.

I suggest going to people at college and talking to them. See if you can get extra help outside of lessons to ease the pressure so that you know you're comfortable with the subject content and also tell them you're having panic attacks. My college had a counselling service, which I know you might not need counselling, but I know that it was helpful to just go and rant and talk about how I felt so much pressure etc.

Just don't give up! You've only got two months left, just think of when it's over and you'll have summer and such to look forward to. Make sure you revise and know your stuff and it'll lighten the load a little. And you'll feel good after your exams know that it's all over. ^^,

Good luck whatever you do!

Quick Reply

Latest