The Student Room Group

Tall People Problems

I have a feeling that the Short People Problems thread would soon be invaded by tall people problems, so I've decided to give them a thread to discuss on! :biggrin:

Long sleeved tops with short arms seems to be a common problem for me, or finally finding that top with the right arm length, but it's so baggy you could hide 3 pillows under it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes same with me, most shirts are not designed to be long enough for guys over 6 ft both sleeve wise or hem wise. its annoying so its good ti get roll up sleeve shirts and wear it like its a short sleeve shirt.
Reply 2
Having height of 5'10 when most girls want 6ft guys :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Robbie242
Having height of 5'10 when most girls want 6ft guys :frown:

well 5'10 is not short and most girls will prefer tall which is biological but wont deny certainly an average height guy.
Cutting your toenails. I can hardly see them they're so far away and it gives me a bad back.
most places that sell jeans are too short >.<

And always feeling like a giant among midgets.
Reply 6
Original post by slade p
well 5'10 is not short and most girls will prefer tall which is biological but wont deny certainly an average height guy.

True but 6ft guys get an automatic advantage :lol: A problem for some tallish people is not being tall enough was basically my point :tongue:
Having to crouch down every time I get off the bus so as not to whack my head :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Having to crouch down every time I get off the bus so as not to whack my head :lol:

Having to crouch down in conversations because your ears are catching all the noise around you!
Reply 9
Tall girl problems?

- Never being able to wear high heels (which make your legs look amazing)
- Most 'knee length' dresses are mid thigh so everyone thinks you're just showing off
- Slouching around guys who are almost the same height as you (subconsciously)
My knees get crushed on international flights if I'm not in business class. I can barely walk after a long flight.:mad:
Dat feel when you just miss out on being classed as a tall person and are too tall to be short :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, aw. Never realised tall people had these problems.
I'm 5'5, which I consider AVERAGE so I'm good, I guess.
6 foot 2 master race checking in
Reply 14
5'11.

Jeans are always too large around the waist and still too short. Dresses I think will be 'fine' make me want to wear leggings instead of tights with them.

I have size nine feet. Yeah. What I cannot understand is this - many clothes are made for models, and the model image is the ideal. So most clothes will always be available in size 8. Most models are 5'10+ and have feet around size 8/9. It bugs me that clothes will be made 'for' the model-image, and yet I struggle, really struggle, to find good shoes that are well-made and at a good price. As a result I pretty much live in the same pair of shoes all year round, lovely though they are I would love to find nice shoes in my size.

I play netball. I'm a GS at heart and dislike playing defence unless it's purely for training purposes. Until I got to university, all coaches and captains instantly put me in as GK. It was truly frustrating. No, I'm not good at GK because I'm skilled at it or enjoy it - I'm just twice the height of your shooter. But give me a D and I'll get you the goals. Grr.

At gigs, people ask me quite rudely to move, or make little comments about tall people who 'should be at the back'. No. I got here before you and I want to be at the front.

The kids at my placement school call me a 'posh giant'.

I have terrible back problems. Really awful. In part because I shot up so quickly.

My boyfriend is also 5'11. I love being equal height to him and it's fine that I'm a bit taller with my booties on, but for formal events I'm quite a bit taller in heels. It's not a big issue, but I'd rather we were equal height.

Baths and beds are often too small.

Cinema seats - don't get me started on theatre seats - and plane seats.

Some desks and tables I genuinely cannot put my legs under. Definitely couldn't cross my legs under them, which is how I prefer to sit.
My boyfriend's 6'8" and has to sleep diagonally in bed :biggrin:
Original post by awe

I play netball. I'm a GS at heart and dislike playing defence unless it's purely for training purposes. Until I got to university, all coaches and captains instantly put me in as GK. It was truly frustrating. No, I'm not good at GK because I'm skilled at it or enjoy it - I'm just twice the height of your shooter. But give me a D and I'll get you the goals. Grr. der.

That can be arranged
Reply 17
Original post by Leftee
We are master race, we have no problems

Guess I should consider suicide :colone:
Reply 18
Original post by manchesterunited15
That can be arranged

I saw your edit. Shooting 'D' in netball.
Reply 19
Original post by The Wild Youth
My boyfriend's 6'8" and has to sleep diagonally in bed :biggrin:

lol 6'8 thats too tall. i would not like to be that tall. he must have a very hard clothing problem unless he just doesnt really mind what he wears.

Quick Reply

Latest