The Student Room Group

14 year old girl arrested for "terror threat" tweet

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Leonidas
If someone was to post that they are a terrorist on this site, and make a threat would they be pulled up on it too?

Would TSR report it to someone or remove the post?

Just curious...

Only one way to find out if you're curious...

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Lol at the please I'm just a girl line

What a retard

Serves her right

Idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Precious Illusions
Totally agree. Whilst it was obvious she was joking, it's a pretty insensitive thing to make light of and she's learned her lesson now I imagine.

How do you know it was "obvious"

It's the argument that what if someone does do threats like that over social media and actually follows them out?

Thing is people do not realise social media is "closed" in the respect no-one else will 100% be able to tell if your joking (even if you put "joke" or lol). It's basically the same as sending a letter with such things.

I feel sorry for her, but it's stupid. Even if you want to make such jokes make sure they're either in private or in a private group on social media made up of people who know you style of humor, however racist it is.
Reply 63
Original post by VK96
Lol @ "I'm just a girl pls" hahaha

She should be publically flayed.
Reply 64
It's not funny though, whether or not she was joking and as a result the airline took it seriously by responding and the police did by arresting her. Terrorism is a very grave subject that most people do not make fun of so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

We all need to get a grip and engage our brains when it comes to social media because what's appropriate to say to your friends in a quiet chat in the pub may not be appropriate to say

People get arrested and can even lose their jobs for a seemingly harmless tweet or post. I know this from personal experience where I've trained for a job and soon after training got kicked out because it seems I made a completely prattish tweet and got reported for it. Years of prep, Years of ambition and hope, two year recruitment journey and 4 months training... in the bloody bin. I've learnt my lesson, many others have and so can she.

Engage your brain before you post and you will have no problems in life.
Reply 65
Original post by Ecstatic1
She should be publically flayed.

Ermm no thanks Jeff.
Hahahahaha I retweeted this! But yeah, she's pretty dumb....
Reply 67
Silly girl. Grow some common sense, kids.
Reply 68
To an extent, I can understand that at 14, it can be difficult to fully understand the implications of joking about something like that, especially since it's clear that she hasn't been educated on how much impact terrorism has had on the world. Having said that, when I was 14, I had enough common sense to know not to joke about things that I didn't fully understand.

I think it'll be a complete waste of time and money if they do a full investigation into this because it's pretty obvious that it's just a teenage girl pissing about on twitter. The FBI just need to give her slap on the wrist to let her and others like her know that even joking about something like that is a total no-no.
ahaha :lol: our government are so stupid
Reply 70
This is why you shouldn't use facebook or twitter you can't say anything without the police knocking on your door.
Reply 71
Even if it wasn't a threat it was abuse to make herself look clever in front of her friends... That was stupid! The fact she gave a date, sent it to an airline is incredible stupid! Ughh why?
Reply 72
Have to say when I was 14 I was not that stupid and I didn't think many people were but I guess I've been proved wrong then
It was clearly a joke but I hope she does get punished and then maybe people will stop writing stupid stuff like this
She should absoloutely be arrested and dealt with. Don't see any need for anything beyond a night in a cell and scaring the crap out of her in some sort of interview/interrogation though.

Teach her a lesson and make an example of her to others who would waste the time of investigators who could be pursuing real terror threats instead.
She shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending