The Student Room Group

Debenhams Telephone Interview Results?

So, I had my telephone interview today with Debenhams and when answering questions the woman was also like, yes, excellent and everything, overall she was just positive and liked what i was saying i guess.

Due to being my first time she was like to me how did i find that and everything. She said she'll contact within 10 days whether I passed and she just has to review it, which i don't think would take too long really so was expecting today at least.

Anyway, i came to ask I've looked up and the majority of people seem to be told on the spot whether they got through to the group assessment part or not. Have I not got through to this part then?

I know I shouldn't worry but I would like a job haha

Also, I was thinking as the job application is still on their website could that be the reason why there has been no date or anything. I did find it weird that I applied the other night, and then the next day they called to arrange a telephone interview.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey ya! I had mine yesterday as well and the interviewer told me the same thing. I desperately want the job as well haha. Finger crossed we both get through next stage :smile: btw which store are u applying to? Is it for harrow branch by any chance? x
Reply 2
Original post by SmritiG
Hey ya! I had mine yesterday as well and the interviewer told me the same thing. I desperately want the job as well haha. Finger crossed we both get through next stage :smile: btw which store are u applying to? Is it for harrow branch by any chance? x

Hahaha that is so weird we both applied to the same store :tongue:
How did your telephone interview go by the way?
I got told on the phone straight away but this may be different due to every store having their own "system" of doing things.

Watch out though, they told me I had the job and I was really happy only to find out the night before I was due to go in for training that they actually wanted to do another interview.

End result? I didn't get the job but best of luck with you and hope you definitely get the job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Gorganite
Hahaha that is so weird we both applied to the same store :tongue:
How did your telephone interview go by the way?

Sry for late reply. Mine one went okay i guess. It was my first time ever as well haha so hope i did good enough to get to next stage :s-smilie: Did u got the reply yet? x
Reply 5
Original post by AncientApple3
I got told on the phone straight away but this may be different due to every store having their own "system" of doing things.

Watch out though, they told me I had the job and I was really happy only to find out the night before I was due to go in for training that they actually wanted to do another interview.

End result? I didn't get the job but best of luck with you and hope you definitely get the job!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 6
Original post by SmritiG
Sry for late reply. Mine one went okay i guess. It was my first time ever as well haha so hope i did good enough to get to next stage :s-smilie: Did u got the reply yet? x

I'm sure you did fine :smile:
Yeah it was my first time as well and the person I had was really nice
And no. No call yet :/ but they took down job from debenhams site so maybe they start calling soon I hope
Reply 7
I'm sure you did fine :smile:
Yeah it was my first time as well and the person I had was really nice
And no. No call yet :/ but they took down job from debenhams site so maybe they start calling soon I hope

Omg really!! Lets pray haha. Good luck to you. Hope we both get it :biggrin: :biggrin:
Lemme know if u get the call x
Reply 8
Original post by SmritiG
Omg really!! Lets pray haha. Good luck to you. Hope we both get it :biggrin: :biggrin:
Lemme know if u get the call x

Luck to you as well (y)
You let me know if get call as well. And don't worry I will if I do. Everytime I hear my phone make a noise I get excited to find out its not it. But Aaaah well :biggrin:
Reply 9
Luck to you as well (y)
You let me know if get call as well. And don't worry I will if I do. Everytime I hear my phone make a noise I get excited to find out its not it. But Aaaah well :biggrin:

I just now got a sorry email saying unfortunately i didn't got it thru :frown: and have to wait 3 months to apply for same role and also gave me a number to call to hear the feedback frm the interview. Good luck to you xx
Reply 10
Original post by SmritiG
I just now got a sorry email saying unfortunately i didn't got it thru :frown: and have to wait 3 months to apply for same role and also gave me a number to call to hear the feedback frm the interview. Good luck to you xx

Sorry about you not getting through :frown: But still got nothing, why is this thing taking so long. I would also call as well to receive feedback from the interview to see where you went wrong maybe.
What sort of questions did they ask you? Maybe I can help?
(edited 9 years ago)
I had my phone interview and she said she would call back within 10 days if i am successful. Next day she called back saying I have an interview with the Manager. Had the interview few days later. After the face to face interview, i was told 2 days later i got the job.
Reply 12
Original post by VanessaXD
I had my phone interview and she said she would call back within 10 days if i am successful. Next day she called back saying I have an interview with the Manager. Had the interview few days later. After the face to face interview, i was told 2 days later i got the job.

Nice, and well done for getting the job :smile:
Did you not have to do any group assements for your interview as well or was it purely just a one to one interview?
Well I still got hope for me. Though it has been since Monday...
Nice, and well done for getting the job :smile:
Did you not have to do any group assements for your interview as well or was it purely just a one to one interview?
Well I still got hope for me. Though it has been since Monday...

Mine was for the restaurant position, so they were doing one to one interviews. if its sales advisor interviews im guessing they would do group interviews and practicals on the shop floor :smile: The pay is demotivating though 5.67 per hour I am going to look for another job i was expecting atleast minimum wage :frown:
To answer your question of group interviews if you're applying for the sales assistant job then yes there is a group interview.

You must make an outfit and say why etc but make sure you get a say on why you chose the items etc.

Also make sure you know some background information about Debenhams, the worst thing about group interviews is that it turns into a shouting contest. -.- good luck!
Reply 15
I swear that is past the minimum wage. Isn't the minimum like £3.00 something?
If it's not you should report or something cause that is illegal to do i think
Reply 16
Original post by VanessaXD
Mine was for the restaurant position, so they were doing one to one interviews. if its sales advisor interviews im guessing they would do group interviews and practicals on the shop floor :smile: The pay is demotivating though 5.67 per hour I am going to look for another job i was expecting atleast minimum wage :frown:

I swear that is past the minimum wage. Isn't the minimum like £3.00 something?
If it's not you should report or something cause that is illegal to do i think
Reply 17
Have a telephone interview soon for a sales adviser , anyone know what to expect/prepare (questions)
Reply 18
I had mine last Sunday face to face,i desperately wanted to get this job but at my face to face interview after asking me long questions i have been insisted for night shifts i haven't marked nights already in my application form.
I didn't understand after passing telephone interview at the end of face to face i have been insisted for nights i am 100% sure i was really good at my face to face interview have been told one and half hour and it went for three hours so after everything i have realized there is no equality for all cultures applying for Debenhams at some occasions.I understand i been out from the country for couple of years and i didn't born here.
So if some one even is eligible will be just rejected because not native of this country.I got genuine visa i am still in shocked as i am really disappointed why i have not been selected while i got good customer skills.
As working with Debenham was my aim from long time.I believe i have got knowledge more about Debenhams even i had not born in country.My customer service skills which i have already used in my old jobs for more than five years with reputed uk companies have taught me well about customer services.
I am just too disappointed as i desperately wanted this job at Debenhams.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by dash52
Have a telephone interview soon for a sales adviser , anyone know what to expect/prepare (questions)

HI,
How yours went?did you get job?an dhow was your face to face interview

Quick Reply

Latest