The Student Room Group

Skype...not sending/receiving Instant Messages

Hi all,

I really do not know where best to put this thread, so mods feel free to move.

It appears Skype is having some issue, as for some bizarre reason I am not receiving all the IMs I am sent from one particular contact. This person says they send numerous messages but I honestly do not receive them, and it's really starting to annoy me as I feel incredibly rude.

Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, or you know of a solution to fix this issue? :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by DancinBallerina
Hi all,

I really do not know where best to put this thread, so mods feel free to move.

It appears Skype is having some issue, as for some bizarre reason I am not receiving all the IMs I am sent from one particular contact. This person says they send numerous messages but I honestly do not receive them, and it's really starting to annoy me as I feel incredibly rude.

Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, or you know of a solution to fix this issue? :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Are they able to receive messages from you? Perhaps try removing them from your contacts and re-adding them?
Original post by Illusionary
Are they able to receive messages from you? Perhaps try removing them from your contacts and re-adding them?

I just started a new Skype in the end. Apparently Skype and MSN have joined forces (didn't know that :dontknow: lol), so I just used my MSN/hotmail account, and that now seems to work . . for now anyway!

Reading the Skype forums though Skype is just littered with issues which Skype people seem to be ignoring!
Original post by DancinBallerina
I just started a new Skype in the end. Apparently Skype and MSN have joined forces (didn't know that :dontknow: lol), so I just used my MSN/hotmail account, and that now seems to work . . for now anyway!

Reading the Skype forums though Skype is just littered with issues which Skype people seem to be ignoring!

Ah well, at least your problem here is fixed! :smile:
Original post by Illusionary
Ah well, at least your problem here is fixed! :smile:

Yes, for now anyway! lol

It's just annoying as it's my way of communicating with family the other wise of the world...ok yes I could use the telephone but seeing them is so much better, plus it's free! lol

Quick Reply

Latest