The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 JUNE 2014- Revision

I created this thread so everyone can discuss questions related to this exams as well as revision tips and notes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2014-04-14_193522.pngThis question has been annoying me for quite some time now, can someone explain this for me please?
Reply 2
Original post by sabphysics
2014-04-14_193522.pngThis question has been annoying me for quite some time now, can someone explain this for me please?

I'm not good at physics, but I think it actually means that the mercury goes from a 'higher' energy level, until it becomes unstable and it goes on a lower energy level in its ground state, which releases a type of photon from that energy gap.
What does the mark scheme say?
Reply 3
Original post by Alisa59
I'm not good at physics, but I think it actually means that the mercury goes from a 'higher' energy level, until it becomes unstable and it goes on a lower energy level in its ground state, which releases a type of photon from that energy gap.
What does the mark scheme say?

oh i was looking at the wrong part in the markscheme:colondollar:.. it is simply the atoms gain energy and move to higher energy levels.
Reply 4
2014-04-14_211439.pngfirst person to answer gets reppp
Reply 5
oh i was looking at the wrong part in the markscheme:colondollar:.. it is simply the atoms gain energy and move to higher energy levels.

I was almost right. :P
Reply 6
2014-04-14_211439.pngfirst person to answer gets reppp

Oh, my guess is D on the first one and also B on the second one.
Did I get them right? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Alisa59

explain your answers please
Reply 8
explain your answers please

Well, the question says that the waves are longitudinal. Longitudinal waves oscillate back and forth along the line of propagation, so I thought it was D
The second part tells us about the wavelength. Wavelength is the distance between two consecutive points at which the oscillations are in phase. So I thought B was the answer, but when I look at the diagram, the lines are different.
Reply 9
Original post by Alisa59

you looked at the markscheme didnt you lol.. the whole point of this thread is that we discuss these questions and fully understand the concept behind each question

knowledge is power
you looked at the markscheme didnt you lol.. the whole point of this thread is that we discuss these questions and fully understand the concept behind each question

knowledge is power

No I didn't! I just guessed and used my own logic.
So I got them right? omg... xD
Reply 11
saw your explanation, it was sound so u got the thumbs up :smile:
Reply 12
2014-04-14_221900.png
in going to go for C!
Reply 14
Original post by ikreet kenth
in going to go for C!

can you explain how you got C please
Original post by ikreet kenth
in going to go for C!

Wouldn't it be B?
I=naqv so v=I/naq. If the current, charge density and charge carrier are kept the same then the relationship is v=1/a

If A has twice the cross sectional area then A's velocity is half of B..?
Also, I'm just going to create a link between this thread and the duplicate in the physics exams section :P :
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2635657
Reply 17
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Wouldn't it be B?
I=naqv so v=I/naq. If the current, charge density and charge carrier are kept the same then the relationship is v=1/a

If A has twice the cross sectional area then A's velocity is half of B..?

that's correct
Reply 18
2014-04-14_221900.png
How did they find displacement time graph from the displacement distance graph??

Quick Reply

Latest