The Student Room Group

As english lit b (aqa) help!

Hello there fellow English students,

I'm taking the struggle for identity question paper, and feminine gospels for the poetry side which is the other question and could do with a looot of help! :frown:

If you could let me know how you're all revising, what wider reading your doing (because I just grabbed a bunch of books from the library and don't know how to group them :/ )

Any advice would be much appreciated! xx
Reply 1
Original post by pearl_rose
Hello there fellow English students,

I'm taking the struggle for identity question paper, and feminine gospels for the poetry side which is the other question and could do with a looot of help! :frown:

If you could let me know how you're all revising, what wider reading your doing (because I just grabbed a bunch of books from the library and don't know how to group them :/ )

Any advice would be much appreciated! xx

Hi!

I don't know if I can help with the 'Struggle for Identity' paper as I'm doing 'Aspects of Narrative' but I think as general advice it'd just to be practice, practice, PRACTICE.

I don't think there is any better method of revising for the Lit exam than practice questions because it is extremely difficult (it's supposed to be!) but as long as you practice, you will get the technique down. Sadly enough, A-Levels are really about jumping through the hoops set by the exam board- so I'd suggest looking at the mark schemes, making sure you know what the assessment objectives are and practicing planning your answers in the exam. Also, this can't be said enough- read your texts again! You need to know them inside and out because it'll save you so much time by not having to hunt for quotes constantly.

Just keep going and don't be afraid to ask your teachers any questions! As for wider reading, I think you should read whatever type of novels/plays/poetry you enjoy, however, if you want materials to help with the exam, I highly!!! suggest reading the articles in the English journal.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you and yes my teacher did stress practicing! Will do a few past papers and get them marked :smile: Do you study history by any chance?
Hello! I also think looking at criticism of the texts your doing will also be helpful in improving your grade, as you can memorise them and then use it as another interpretation for AO3, then argue against it ^-^ I'm also doing aspects of narrative so I have no idea how to help with that, sorry!

Oops sorry I literally have no idea how to help! I didn't realise you were doing lit a! Good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: it's my fault i wrote b instead of a by accident!
Reply 5
Thank you and yes my teacher did stress practicing! Will do a few past papers and get them marked :smile: Do you study history by any chance?

Hahaha, yes I do English Literature, History, Politics and Biology. What about you?
Reply 6
I do English lit, history, maths and chemistry :smile: what topics are u doing for history and what exam board?
Reply 7
I do English lit, history, maths and chemistry :smile: what topics are u doing for history and what exam board?

I'm doing AQA- Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 and Civil Rights in America 1950-68. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest