The Student Room Group

people in managerial position or high end jobs lame

i think being in a company job as a manager or high end job is a bit sad. basically you have to pretend your caring about the company when really your caring about your job and pay packet.

i think i would rather be a person with a menial job than someone putting pressure on others and caring about the company. at the end of the day, theres someone winning with big money, and it isnt you. i think maybe i just associate people like that with people who crawl up other peoples arses.

but i dont care too much about money. i have relatives who have decent careers earning 60k to 100k and their lifestyle isnt any different to mine! but even so, i dont think money brings happiness, i think having good friends and stuff to do does.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you need to grow up a bit and experience more of the world of work. I don't think you really have much of an understanding of what it's like to work as a manager or in a high-end job as you put it, so you can't really comment.

From my experience, although the end result and often your primary motivation is your salary/benefits, the secondary pleasure derived from doing a job that you enjoy is also important. A lot of people in managerial/senior positions are there because they love the job/industry/company and are passionate about succeeding. When you work for part of an organisation it's enjoyable to work as part of a team and actually have a direct contribution to some of it's success.

By all means go ahead and continue with your menial job if it makes you happy. But really I think it's a bit sad that you lack the ambition or vision to see the real value and pleasure in pursuing a successful career.

Quick Reply