The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Lol i would join! I spent the last few days lusting over what i want to take back to uni.

Coal Face is ace lol, you look like you've put your face it dirt when you rub it on, i love those bits of grit in it lol.
GOSH I adore Lush so much I could easily spend every penny I own in there... I can't wait till I live on the 'mainland' cause at the moment I can only go in there every few months when I go shopping in Southampton.

I'm gonna be a verrrrry poor student!:frown:
Reply 82
K@
Finally got hold of a wee pot of ocean salt (it's rubbish how my nearest shop is also the nearest shop to the factory/warehouse but they never seem to have what I want...) but haven't used it yet as it's at home and I'm house-sitting.

It does last agggesss PC, I cut a slice off my friends coal face and I use it every day, twice a day and it's still pretty much the same size!

I love Lush. :love:

How about a Lush Soc?

i got the last pot of ocean sea salt from my local lush :biggrin:
ive never tried it before but its smells great and had vodka in it so it sounds good to me. hahahaha.
I also got a bottle of eau roma water toner which ive also never used before.
I also got another free sample and this time i got skinny dip butter cream.
i love my lush! they always give me free samples even if i dont buy anything.

ahh cant believe i didnt think of it sooner. you should deffo do a lush society, id join :biggrin: im so obsessed with that shop i swear nearly everyone who works in the croydon knows me. haha
Reply 83
K@
OP
Sheen
i got the last pot of ocean sea salt from my local lush :biggrin:
ive never tried it before but its smells great and had vodka in it so it sounds good to me. hahahaha.
I also got a bottle of eau roma water toner which ive also never used before.
I also got another free sample and this time i got skinny dip butter cream.
i love my lush! they always give me free samples even if i dont buy anything.

ahh cant believe i didnt think of it sooner. you should deffo do a lush society, id join :biggrin: im so obsessed with that shop i swear nearly everyone who works in the croydon knows me. haha

Righto *goes off to investigate how to make a soc*
Reply 84
K@
OP
Sheen
they always give me free samples even if i dont buy anything.

One of the girls who works in my lush is HORRID, really really HORRID and so VILE.

Just thought I'd tell you.... :rolleyes:
Reply 85
K@
One of the girls who works in my lush is HORRID, really really HORRID and so VILE.

Just thought I'd tell you.... :rolleyes:

awww :hugs:
i thought only nice people worked in lush :confused:
Reply 86
K@
OP
Sheen
awww :hugs:
i thought only nice people worked in lush :confused:

It appears not, she's ming!

I need a description and the main thread for our soc, is this the main thread I wonder? Or shall we make another one?
Reply 87
K@
Righto *goes off to investigate how to make a soc*

yay you should do it :biggrin:
i cant believe i didnt think of that.
Reply 88
K@
It appears not, she's ming!

I need a description and the main thread for our soc, is this the main thread I wonder? Or shall we make another one?

aww no. mean people shouldnt be alowed to work there.
nice people like us should get their jobs haha.
i think all the lush shops ive been to in london are nice enough apart from one person ive met who own the flag ship store :frown:
the description could be: a place for all lush manics or obessesives.

you should prob keep this thread as its about lush but then again you could start another one and name it the lush society.
hmm in the first post you did cant you change the title of the thread?
Reply 89
K@
OP
Sheen
aww no. mean people shouldnt be alowed to work there.
nice people like us should get their jobs haha.
i think all the lush shops ive been to in london are nice enough apart from one person ive met who own the flag ship store :frown:
the description could be: a place for all lush manics or obessesives.

you should prob keep this thread as its about lush but then again you could start another one and name it the lush society.
hmm in the first post you did cant you change the title of the thread?

I'm done I think! :smile: I've applied! :smile:

I met a lovely lady in one of the London stores, I liked her. *nod*
Reply 90
K@
I'm done I think! :smile: I've applied! :smile:

I met a lovely lady in one of the London stores, I liked her. *nod*

cool. ill join when its up and running :biggrin: ill have to get rid of one of my group tho since i have 7 already hmm.

i so need to get a job in one for christmas. i bet id spend all my wages in there if i did.
Reply 91
K@
OP
Sheen
cool. ill join when its up and running :biggrin: ill have to get rid of one of my group tho since i have 7 already hmm.

i so need to get a job in one for christmas. i bet id spend all my wages in there if i did.

I think the logo might be a bit dodgey but I'll sort it :smile:

I left all my socs a while ago when I was in a huff and I'm only a member of the strings soc now...

You might spend all your money but surely you'd get staff discount...?

I would love a job in my lush and there's always factory jobs going over busy periods. I couldn't fit in another job at the mo though but when I go to uni my theory is that when I come for the Xmas hols I can work in the warehouse.... That's the plan anyhoo! :rolleyes:
Reply 92
K@
I think the logo might be a bit dodgey but I'll sort it :smile:

I left all my socs a while ago when I was in a huff and I'm only a member of the strings soc now...

You might spend all your money but surely you'd get staff discount...?

I would love a job in my lush and there's always factory jobs going over busy periods. I couldn't fit in another job at the mo though but when I go to uni my theory is that when I come for the Xmas hols I can work in the warehouse.... That's the plan anyhoo! :rolleyes:

yeah you do get staff discount so that would help.
i think its 50 percent off and you get freebees of all the new stuff that comes out which is good.

sounds like a good plan to me. maybe you should apply in september tho as thats when they look at cv's and stuff but i know in the shops they dont employ people until november, but it might be different in the wearhouse.
oh and lush has updated their website and now has a proper job section and the warehouse and stuff is on there i think.

im kinda working on getting a job in there since a a few people in the lush where i live kinda know me now as i go in there alot.
Reply 93
K@
OP
Sheen
oh and lush has updated their website and now has a proper job section and the warehouse and stuff is on there i think.

Yay!!!
Reply 94
its about time they sorted it out, as their job section has been lame for a while
Reply 95
NickNack
whenever i get taken in there i instantly feel sick, i cant stay in there for more than 5 minutes without starting to feel lightheaded.

It's amazing how people either love it or hate it with a passion - my cousin's like you, she feels sick just walking past a Lush shop because of the smell, whereas I can be walking down the street, get a whiff of it and have to follow the smell and dive in!

I looooove the Honey Bee bath bomb, it makes me so happy. But when I go to uni I won't have a bath, just a shower. Boo hiss.
I'm so psyched (yup, I'm using crappy catchphrases at the moment, lol) as I'm going to Norwich on Friday, so I shall be stocking up on Lush products!

I'm with you norelle. My mum can't walk directly past the shop, as she found out that it actually sets off her asthma... Whereas I adore the smell...
Reply 97
I'm off to Reading for the festival on Wednesday, so I'll be using it as an excuse to go to Lush there. While everyone else buys practical things [food, beer etc...] I'll be buying some of the new soaps :biggrin:
Reply 98
kobrakai
I'm off to Reading for the festival on Wednesday, so I'll be using it as an excuse to go to Lush there. While everyone else buys practical things [food, beer etc...] I'll be buying some of the new soaps :biggrin:

yay! if you like lemon you shoudl try the bohemian lemon soap mmmm.
smells like freshly made lemonade :biggrin:
Reply 99
K@
Just curious as to how many people know about or use Lush?

I never post here really but just wanted to say how lush Lush is and if you've never heard of it before, google it and try it :biggrin:

I'm definitely a fan! I love the chocolate lip balm (Whip Stick), the American Dream conditioner (mmmm... vanilla! :biggrin: ), the coconut shampoo (I think it's called Tricomania) and the chocolate bath bomb thing (Ma Bar, I think).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending