The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by revron77
If a guy doesn't want to date you because of your breast size, screw him.

... and hope that changes his mind?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm contemplating whether I should get a boob job. I got teased for my flat-chest - including my "friends" and family. I was reading this article and it got me thinking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2604168/Woman-hated-34a-breasts-afford-boob-job-wish-come-true-STRANGERS-internet-funded-op.html

I just hate my body; my flat chest makes my tummy look huge. I want to balance it out so it doesn't look like I'm preggos :frown:. I'm 21 and I look like I've got a 11 year old body. I don't feel feminine at all.

I don't think guys will take one look at me because I don't have boobs or bum plus I'm unattractive.

I think she looked OK before the operation btw.... Honestly, it shouldn't matter tbh...

If a guy doesn't want to date you because of your breast size, screw him.

Perhaps the wrong choice of words here, but yes, basically that
Reply 62
Maybe try experimenting with different clothes, if you can find styles that flatter you a flat chest can look absolutely stunning still. One of my friends is an AA and she has a boyfriend who adores her, just like women have different tastes so do blokes. If it is affecting your confidence then try to talk to someone maybe, the grass isn't always greener but you never know until you get there.
Haha, just realised the mistake. What about: He can go **** himself

Yeah I guess so. Acheives a similar thing, but technically not the same thing
Original post by Gotzz
How are most female celebrities flat-chested? :confused:

How many celebrities have big breasts? Kelly Brook and a few others? Way more female celebrities have small breasts than big breasts!
People on the internetz fighting over boob size. Let me get my popcorns.
I'm contemplating weher I should get a boob job. I got teased for my flat-chest - including my "friends" and family. I was reading this article and it got me thinking...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2604168/Woman-hated-34a-breasts-afford-boob-job-wish-come-true-STRANGERS-internet-funded-op.html

I just hate my body; my flat chest makes my tummy look huge. I want to balance it out so it doesn't look like I'm preggos :frown:. I'm 21 and I look like I've got a 11 year old body. I don't feel feminine at all.

I don't think guys will take one look at me because I don't have boobs or bum plus I'm unattractive.

I had breast augmentation when I was 19. I was completely flat chested, partly due to having an eating disorder during puberty which stunted my development somewhat. I Did not go for huge implants but ones that were right for my body, I am very slim size 6 and narrow rib cage. In the last two years though my boobs have increased naturally so I would advise you to wait a few years if you can. I definitely have more confidence and I feel I look better in clothes and underwear, so I don't regret having the op. You need to be prepared for further surgery in the future, probably every ten years to replace the implants. I had to have a second op to change the placement of the implants. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by honeyandlemon

How many celebrities have big breasts? Kelly Brook and a few others? Way more female celebrities have small breasts than big breasts!

Alright, but you were saying most are flat-chested, not that more have small breasts than large.
It's true though. I don't think big breasts are the trend among celebs.
Reply 69
It's true though. I don't think big breasts are the trend among celebs.

Being flat chested is not the same as having small breasts.
I had breast augmentation when I was 19. I was completely flat chested, partly due to having an eating disorder during puberty which stunted my development somewhat. I Did not go for huge implants but ones that were right for my body, I am very slim size 6 and narrow rib cage. In the last two years though my boobs have increased naturally so I would advise you to wait a few years if you can. I definitely have more confidence and I feel I look better in clothes and underwear, so I don't regret having the op. You need to be prepared for further surgery in the future, probably every ten years to replace the implants. I had to have a second op to change the placement of the implants. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do :smile:

Do they look fake though? I've always thought that when a woman with naturally small boobs gets a boob job they tend to end up looking like they've been stuck on.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Do they look fake though? I've always thought that when a woman with naturally small boobs gets a boob job they tend to end up looking like they've been stuck on.

Nope I don't think they look fake and the few people I have told were surprised they weren't real. I picked a really good surgeon, things like the shape, profile, size obviously and placement all make a big difference. They don't feel quite as soft as natural though. Since I have developed adequate breast tissue and gained some weight they do look better and more natural . I wanted to attach a photo of the model adriana lima whose boobs look similar but it won't let me lol.
Reply 72
Women seem to think that big boobs are good. They make you feel better and make you more attractive. This is completely wrong of course. Everyone is different. I have known women with a range of boobs and they were all fab people. I didnt associate with them just because they had a certain breast type.
Nothing is free, I bet she gave them a private show in return.

Also she's not even attractive pre or post.

OP do whatever you want
I guess the grass is always greener isn't it; there are pros and cons to both big and small boobs. Although I doubt OP would want to go from flat chested to anything bigger than a C as it would just look too big for her frame, so all the negatives of a very big chest wouldn't really apply.

I'm pretty much the same, almost completely flat chested and I would kill for even a decent B or C cup, just to know what proper breasts are actually like, and stop looking like a 12 year old boy :P But I'm not sure I could ever actually go through with breast augmentation. For one thing surgery sounds kinda scary and painful (and expensive), and secondly I would just prefer to stay natural than have implants, even if that means staying flat chested. Although I'm almost 20 and still holding out for a boob related growth spurt :P

Just as a side note: I disagree with the idea that being flat chested makes it much easier to buy clothes. I cannot get a strapless dress to stay up for love nor money, even if I buy it two sizes too small and wear a huge padded bra. I often have to get dresses that squeeze my waist tighter than I'd like just so that they're small enough for my boobs. Anything with moulded cups doesn't even get a look in, and bikinis are a nightmare. And a lot of tops are shaped in such a way to allow extra room for boobs, so they just hang wrongly on a flat frame. And yes, I can get away with not wearing a bra which is great for backless tops, but a bra is actually the only thing that gives me a vaguely womanly shape, so not wearing one results in a completely flat, boyish chest.

That was longer than I thought :P Seriously though, although I don't like being flat chested I think it's a massive step to have surgery and you need to really think about it. And any one who was that put off by a lack of boobs isn't someone I'd want to be with anyway :smile:
Reply 75

I wouldn't go for huge implants but I wanted at least a b cup or something to even out my body. My belly is the only thing that's sticking out :frown:. I've decided not to have it :smile: and thanks :smile:. one more thing, how long does it take to recover after boob job?

I guess the grass is always greener isn't it; there are pros and cons to both big and small boobs. Although I doubt OP would want to go from flat chested to anything bigger than a C as it would just look too big for her frame, so all the negatives of a very big chest wouldn't really apply.

I'm pretty much the same, almost completely flat chested and I would kill for even a decent B or C cup, just to know what proper breasts are actually like, and stop looking like a 12 year old boy :P But I'm not sure I could ever actually go through with breast augmentation. For one thing surgery sounds kinda scary and painful (and expensive), and secondly I would just prefer to stay natural than have implants, even if that means staying flat chested. Although I'm almost 20 and still holding out for a boob related growth spurt :P

Just as a side note: I disagree with the idea that being flat chested makes it much easier to buy clothes. I cannot get a strapless dress to stay up for love nor money, even if I buy it two sizes too small and wear a huge padded bra. I often have to get dresses that squeeze my waist tighter than I'd like just so that they're small enough for my boobs. Anything with moulded cups doesn't even get a look in, and bikinis are a nightmare. And a lot of tops are shaped in such a way to allow extra room for boobs, so they just hang wrongly on a flat frame. And yes, I can get away with not wearing a bra which is great for backless tops, but a bra is actually the only thing that gives me a vaguely womanly shape, so not wearing one results in a completely flat, boyish chest.

That was longer than I thought :P Seriously though, although I don't like being flat chested I think it's a massive step to have surgery and you need to really think about it. And any one who was that put off by a lack of boobs isn't someone I'd want to be with anyway :smile:

You seriously know what I'm experiencing right now when buying clothes. I agree about the strapless dresses; no matter what size, it never looks right unless you buy chicken fillets or something to balance out the shape of your body.
If you have under the muscle then about four weeks before you can exercise. Over the muscle is a lot quicker recovery probably one to two weeks before you can do most activities. I'd you do end up having surgery you might be better having fat transfer to your breasts. I looked into it but did not have enough fat, however you mentioned you have a belly so they could take fat from there and transfer it to your boobs. It means you won't have foreign objects in your body, they will look and feel natural and you won't have to have implants replaced.
Reply 77
I'm contemplating whether I should get a boob job. I got teased for my flat-chest - including my "friends" and family. I was reading this article and it got me thinking...

NOOO!!! Don't do it, when you get pregnant they get bigger anyways!! :redface:
Reply 78
*laugh* By modern sizing standards, a 34C isn't even big. This reminds me of an interview I read with Rochelle Wiseman, where she talks about having a curvaceous figure and cites her "32D chest". A 32D isn't even big! I've seen Rochelle in person and she doesn't have particularly big boobs at all.

I'm a size 10 and I'm a 30FF. I actually know a bit more about having a big chest. I want to drop to a 30F, I feel like mine are just a bit too big.

Hello there! :tongue:
Reply 79
I'm 24 and an A cup and I have been this size since I was 14. Always hated my small boobs but 10 years down the line I have grown (haha) to love them.

If you want surgery I'd suggest thinking long and hard about it, talk to people about it, gp, Health care professionals who deal with that sort of thing, you're only 21 there's no need to rush into anything.

Ps us small boobed girls can wear high necked tops / dresses which are backless and sleeveless, big boobed girls can't!

Latest