The Student Room Group

I Have Commitment Issues

Since i can remember I have always cheated on the people I have been seeing.

I thought of it as a game, I didnt see it as cheating. I cant do relationships, its easy when your with a girl to leave her after things get serious.

Yes i know i have hurt girls, its not comfortable when girls cry, I dont know what to do so I go.

I have never been in a relationship more than 2-3 months, its too easy to meet up with other girls, tell them theyre pretty, and then whatever happens.

BUT

I wanna be with one girl oneday get married and have kids. I dont wanna be like those fathers that cheat and mess up their family.

I just feel its nice to have different girls to text different days at the mo, it keeps things fresh but I cant do that eventually.

help?

(and btw alot of guys cheat, its a common thing believe me, girls just dont hear about it).
I don't really understand what you're looking to get out of this thread. All you've done is stated that you can't control yourself and you cheat on every girl you're with.
We can't help you with that, if you want to sleep around/see different girls, don't get into a relationship, if you want a stable relationship, don't cheat? :confused:
Reply 2
You know that you should stop cheating on girls. You feel guilty and that's why you posted. Instead of cheating all the time, you should find casual relationships, find girls that want something casual like you, otherwise you are just deceiving them and making them believe you want a long relationship when you don't. And that is just stupid and makes them sad and you kind of guilty and miserable.

You can't make yourself want to commit, just be honest with what you want and have fwb or whatever instead of lying and manipulating and cheating. Be happy in your own skin and accept that you're not ready to commit yet, find girls that want the same thing as you. Eventually you'll become comfortable with yourself and then you can work from there.
Reply 3
Original post by Orthonym
You know that you should stop cheating on girls. You feel guilty and that's why you posted. Instead of cheating all the time, you should find casual relationships, find girls that want something casual like you, otherwise you are just deceiving them and making them believe you want a long relationship when you don't. And that is just stupid and makes them sad and you kind of guilty and miserable.

You can't make yourself want to commit, just be honest with what you want and have fwb or whatever instead of lying and manipulating and cheating. Be happy in your own skin and accept that you're not ready to commit yet, find girls that want the same thing as you. Eventually you'll become comfortable with yourself and then you can work from there.

yes I do feel guilty.

I had a long conversation with one of my girls, talking about trust and messing her about, basically she caught me out.

Im the sort of guy that girls start telling really personal things to very quickly, somehow they see me as trustworthy, so i always end up talking to different girls and click, take their number and then decide to meet the new ones because it feels more exciting.

yeah i was told I would be unhappy all my life and felt like crap.
Reply 4
All part of growing up.

Edit: Mod edit due to being honest :unimpressed:...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
LOL, just as many girls cheat on guys you know. If you think that it's only a boy thing then you are in for a rude awakening,
TBH, I hope that the girl you eventually do the 'huge favour' of settling down with cheats on you. It might just balance out all the young girls you've made cry with your prick like behaviour. Your feigned guilt just comes across as bragging about how much of 'da man' you seem to think you are.
you need to grow up.
tell them from the beginning you're looking for nothing serious, and have commitement issues.

Then the girls that just want sex ( and there are many ) will stay and the sensitive ones that usually end up getting hurt will leave.
Reply 7
Original post by A100whoo
tell them from the beginning you're looking for nothing serious, and have commitement issues.

Then the girls that just want sex ( and there are many ) will stay and the sensitive ones that usually end up getting hurt will leave.

Believe it or not, this aint about sex. Im not one of those crazy sex maniacs who are thirsty night and day.

I dont go out with waste gash, seriously, I like spending time with girls who are good looking and do things like read books.

I actually ask girls how their day has been, i'd like to think maybe im a decent kind of guy, caring, funny and considerate. BUT i do hate it when girls start crying for whatever reason, its so awkward, your sitting there and they dont stop jeez.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
listen mate you got a problem?

prick like behaviour? i didnt come here to get a life lesson, especially from someone like you. why are you acting like a big d*** on the internet? ive met enough guys like you, scared im gonna take your girlfriend?

trust me ive met a lot of insecure guys like you. noone is trying to prove they are 'da man', this is the internet mate, if you wanna show your a man, prove it.

Believe it or not, this aint about sex. Im not one of those crazy sex maniacs who are thirsty night and day.

I dont go out with waste gash, seriously, I like spending time with girls who are good looking and do things like read books.

I actually ask girls how their day has been, i'd like to think maybe im a decent kind of guy, caring, funny and considerate. BUT i do hate it when girls start crying for whatever reason, its so awkward, your sitting there and they dont stop jeez.

Actually, I'm a girl. One who has come across many guys like you.
You behave the way you do; hurt the girls and make them cry the way that you do because you can; because it makes you feel like 'da man', you enjoy it. You can brag about it to your mates. What's more, you will cry like a girl and bleat about bitch women the first time one does it to you. I've seen it.
You know the way to stop this, to stop cheating on every girl you date?
Finish with one before you take up with the next one. It isn't difficult, it isn't rocket science, but it might make you feel less excited because it won't be 'forbidden'.
if you really think that you are a decent kind of guy despite the fact that you cheat on every girl you've ever gone out with, then kudos to you. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
Strange thing is, girls cry when they get treated like just another bit of gash by someone they thought genuinely liked them, betrayal is painful. I hope you discover this, maybe then you will learn.:wink:
Please can we not argue or insult each other, thanks.
Original post by Cobbler
Actually, I'm a girl. One who has come across many guys like you.
You behave the way you do; hurt the girls and make them cry the way that you do because you can; because it makes you feel like 'da man', you enjoy it. You can brag about it to your mates. What's more, you will cry like a girl and bleat about bitch women the first time one does it to you. I've seen it.
You know the way to stop this, to stop cheating on every girl you date?
Finish with one before you take up with the next one. It isn't difficult, it isn't rocket science, but it might make you feel less excited because it won't be 'forbidden'.
if you really think that you are a decent kind of guy despite the fact that you cheat on every girl you've ever gone out with, then kudos to you. Ignorance is bliss as they say.
Strange thing is, girls cry when they get treated like just another bit of gash by someone they thought genuinely liked them, betrayal is painful. I hope you discover this, maybe then you will learn.:wink:

Your a girl but you speak so violently i was a bit surprised. You dont know me yet you think im this nasty evil guy, im sure if you got to know me youd think differently, apart from one or 2 things im a decent genuine guy, someone you can trust and be yourself around.

I dont think its my fault, so many girls just press up on a guy without knowing if hes taken or not, e.g. this girl came in and left me her number the other day, she said text me yeah, she didnt ask if i had a girl or not, so you tell me whos fault is that? So many times Ive been talking to a girl, then her FRIEND comes upto me and says 'o you do know shes got a boyfriend'. So yeah carry on blaming me if that makes you feel better.

And no i dont actually do it to brag about with my mates, me and my mates used to compete to see how many we could pull before but not now. I enjoy that feeling of thinking 'does she like me or not', and once I know she does it feels nice, and i feel really loved and appreciated. If i dont meet new girls, i start getting depressed after a week.

im sorry if guys have messed you about in the past, but believe me they wernt nothing like me.

Original post by Rock Fan
Please can we not argue or insult each other, thanks.

she started it.
I dont think its my fault, so many girls just press up on a guy without knowing if hes taken or not, e.g. this girl came in and left me her number the other day, she said text me yeah, she didnt ask if i had a girl or not, so you tell me whos fault is that? So many times Ive been talking to a girl, then her FRIEND comes upto me and says 'o you do know shes got a boyfriend'. So yeah carry on blaming me if that makes you feel better.

It's your fault if you act upon it.
If I have guys approach me, I tell them I have a boyfriend, I don't reciprocate and blame them :confused: No one's making you go after other girls, or text girls who give you their number. That's purely your own decision, and therefore it's your fault.
Reply 12
Your a girl but you speak so violently i was a bit surprised. You dont know me yet you think im this nasty evil guy, im sure if you got to know me youd think differently, apart from one or 2 things im a decent genuine guy, someone you can trust and be yourself around.

And no i dont actually do it to brag about with my mates, me and my mates used to compete to see how many we could pull before but not now. I enjoy that feeling of thinking 'does she like me or not', and once I know she does it feels nice, and i feel really loved and appreciated. If i dont meet new girls, i start getting depressed after a week.

im sorry if guys have messed you about in the past, but believe me they wernt nothing like me.

she started it.

For goodness sake, can you not hear youself?
You tell us that you cheat on girls and make them cry, then assure us that you are a decent guy. That apart from one or two little things, you are a good'un?
Do you think that those girls you have hurt believe that? Do you even care? I doubt it because it's obviously all their own fault.:confused: i mean they gave you the old rub up and 'forced' you to take their numbers. What are you 12?
Obviously as a guy you have absolutely no control over yourself. You are just a pawn in young girls games. Poor you.
I really don't care how many girlfriends you have had, we are young, the last thing we should be thinking about is settling down. You should, however, finish with one BEFORE you take up with the next one. That is what 'decent guys' do. It's common decency. Treat others how you wish to be treated yourself. No one can blame you for fancying lots of girls (it's pretty normal) but they can and will blame you for playing them because it isn't cool and it doesn't make you look decent.
Oh, and as I said in my first response to your post, girls cheat too.
I really do think that until it happens to you, you won't appreciate just how devestating it is. :frown:

Do you honestly think you`re trustworthy despite cheating numerous times on numerous partners? If you do then you`re seriously deluding yourself.

That`s just pathetic. Who else is to blame - did they fall and just happen to land naked on your dick? YOU made the decision to have sex with someone behind your girlfriends back. YOU - no-one else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending