The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

School of Ocean Sciences/Marine Sciences Applicants.

Just wondering now that most offers are back if anyone is doing a relevant course? Got mine back and I'm so excited to go! Would love to meet some people who are studying similar degrees! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dan_95
Just wondering now that most offers are back if anyone is doing a relevant course? Got mine back and I'm so excited to go! Would love to meet some people who are studying similar degrees! :biggrin:

Hi there have firmed a place on the Marine Environmental Studies course. What drew you to go Bangor?:smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Steven Merry
Hi there have firmed a place on the Marine Environmental Studies course. What drew you to go Bangor?:smile:

I've never even been to Wales actually! But the easy access to the sea was a big bonus and it does only seem to be one of few unis worthwhile going to for marine science degrees. They even have ship though! Not to mention all the sports activities they do, bought a wetsuit last year for a ridiculous amount and an impact vest last year that barely got used for wakeboarding so hopefully I'll get into that or even surfing! Very excited! Where are you planning on living?
Original post by Dan_95
I've never even been to Wales actually! But the easy access to the sea was a big bonus and it does only seem to be one of few unis worthwhile going to for marine science degrees. They even have ship though! Not to mention all the sports +activities they do, bought a wetsuit last year for a ridiculous amount and an impact vest last year that barely got used for wakeboarding so hopefully I'll get into that or even surfing! Very excited! Where are you planning on living?

I am thinking of Alaw, Peris or Enlli. the top end of the Ffriddoedd site nearly the self catering halls. where are you hoping to go
Reply 4
Original post by Steven Merry
I am thinking of Alaw, Peris or Enlli. the top end of the Ffriddoedd site nearly the self catering halls. where are you hoping to go

Most of the newer Ffriddoedd sites new halls hopefully. I don't see to much difference between them except for the old non-refurbished ones, but i haven't really had a detailed look yet :smile:
Hey I've been accepted and offered a place in Enlli.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey I'm doing marine biology and oceanography is anyone else doing it too? :smile:
Reply 7
I'm doing marine biology! I'm staying in the normal site ☺️
Reply 8
I'm at Neuadd Willis near the rail station! I'm glad I've finally found someone who is doing a similar course!
Reply 9
Haha me too! Have you joined the SOS freshers page on Facebook?
Reply 10
I've just joined it! I didn't realise there was one oops ☺️
Reply 11
Awesome! I didn't realise there was one either til last week haha
Reply 12
When are you going up to your accommodation then?
Reply 13
21st, you? ☺️
Original post by Megwan54
Hey I'm doing marine biology and oceanography is anyone else doing it too? :smile:

hey, im studying marine biology and oceanography too! (:
Reply 15
Awh yay! Where are you from?? :smile:
Awh yay! Where are you from?? :smile:

grimsby, you?? (:
Reply 17
Original post by ell.blanchard
grimsby, you?? (:

I'm from Suffolk with all the farmers haha! What halls are you in?
Reply 18
I'm coming up on the 20th but it's like a 7 hour drive from my house :/
Reply 19
I'm coming up on the 20th but it's like a 7 hour drive from my house :/

Ahh no way! :frown: it's 15 minutes from my house haha.

Quick Reply

Latest