The Student Room Group

Camp America application and interview

I am looking at applying for Camp America 2015 and I was wondering if someone who has previously had an interview with Camp America or has done Camp America could help me!
I was wondering if someone could help me to let me know what sort of questions they ask in the interviews?
Also, I have been and I am currently an Au Pair in Italy (have been for 1 year) for ages 4, 6, 11 and 13 so I can deal with children well. I have volunteered in 3 schools whilst I have been here. I have completed school and college with good grades. I love sports, children, having fun and meeting new people. Is it easy to find a camp through camp America or is it difficult? Do you need any special qualities?
Hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!
Take a look in the gap years and travel sections of TSR, there are a huge amount of posts about camp america. I personally didn't have a great experience with them (i ended up cancelling my application and losing money) but plenty of other people get on very well with them :smile:
Original post by OLoisW
I am looking at applying for Camp America 2015 and I was wondering if someone who has previously had an interview with Camp America or has done Camp America could help me!
I was wondering if someone could help me to let me know what sort of questions they ask in the interviews?
Also, I have been and I am currently an Au Pair in Italy (have been for 1 year) for ages 4, 6, 11 and 13 so I can deal with children well. I have volunteered in 3 schools whilst I have been here. I have completed school and college with good grades. I love sports, children, having fun and meeting new people. Is it easy to find a camp through camp America or is it difficult? Do you need any special qualities?
Hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!

Hello, good luck with your application!
They mainly ask questions based on your skills, so say you put football down as one, they would ask you if you had training experience, how long you've played for and so forth. It's not hard questions, it's just going deeper into your application as long as you don't lie, you'll be fine!

I had a few years babysitting experience with troubled kids and I had done workshops in schools with kids so that was all my experience and once I was ready to place, a camp asked me for an interview about 2 days after. I got the job and I fly out 2nd June, so I found it easy. The sooner you apply and the broader your start dates/availability the easier you'll find it to be hired I believe. If you're confident, got a smart head on you and don't mind making a fool of yourself you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest