The Student Room Group

HELP ! Which Business School?

Hi there,

I am a German Student and I applied for a MSc Programm at several BS
I have received Conditional Offers from:

University of Lancaster School of Management - Msc Advanced Marketing Ma.
Henley Business School - Msc Int. Marketing Management
Strathclyde Business School - Int. Marketing
Aston Business School - Strategy & Int. Business ( Electives would be Marketing and Strategic Consultancy)

Still no answer:

Manchaster Business School -
Imperial College BS

I really dont know which one to choose!
I know that Lancaster has according to rankings the best reputation for Marketing.

Aston offers me a very interessting programm which combines Strategy, Marketing and Constultancy which I really like.

I also know that If I would get an offer of the Imperial College it would be the best choice. But I didnt receive any so far.

So please help me and tell me which BS has good reputation, Career Networks etc.

Thank you!
Reply 1
I am also waiting for the answer of University of Edinburgh - Msc Marketing
Reply 2
Any areas you are interested in? Compare it with concentration at each MSc programme. What is your background (undergrad BA), work exp, educational and professional goals, advanced marketing or conversion?
Reply 3
Original post by Tcannon
Any areas you are interested in? Compare it with concentration at each MSc programme. What is your background (undergrad BA), work exp, educational and professional goals, advanced marketing or conversion?

I have an BBA as well as experiences in the automobile industry at the Daimler AG.
Reply 4
OK, thanks for the info. Congrats on your admissions, a good selection of reach, target and safety programmes. If one talks about the individual marketing programme (NOT parent uni) based on metrics of electives, quality of profs/students and placement. Note: Look at Flexible teaching platform with lecture, case studies, group based project, treks, consulting work of local business and dissertation (Strathclyde is good at it and earns student satisfaction along with lower tuition for EU students). ROI depends on lucrative job, ICL charges premium tuition plus London costs.

Imperial
MBS/ Strathclyde tied depending on preferences
Aston
Lancaster/Henley tied depending on preferences (Lanc is more quant and does better for data mining/analysis, OR. Henley is kinda soft)

I am surprised that given your preferences, you did not apply to Cranfield SOM. Rigorous curriculum, excellent facilities, its tuition is reasonable and has good automotive/aerospace industry links. Plus it is better for GM/personal development. Def better than Aston and cheaper than ICL. See FT ranking

Good luck
Reply 5
Hello first of all congrats on your offers. I just received an offer from Strathclyde as well for Msc International Marketing. Moreover, I have applied in similar universities like you.

I think that MBS has a very strong reputation internationally as well. Imperial in my opinion is a great option overall but i m not sure about its marketing programme. Aston has strong industry links which is a positive point and Lancaster as u mentioned has topped the marketing rankings. Strathclyde is cheaper and has a good business school so value for money.

Can you indicate that how much time was taken by Aston, Lancaster to offer you a place after receiving your application?

My offers:
Strathclyde: Msc International Marketing

Still waiting:
Aston Msc Marketing
Lancaster Msc Adv Marketing mgmt
Leeds Msc IntMarketing mgmt
Cardiff Msc Strategic Marketing
Reply 6
Alright guys thank you for your help.
I got the final offers now:

aston - strategy and Int. business

Edinburgh - marketing

Cranfield - strategic marketing

what do you think which one to take?
hello everyone.. i am new to this forum. I am Mohaimen. I live in Bangladesh. I have completed my undergraduation from a reputed university in our country. i have done Bs in Economics with a CGPA of 2.83. My IELTS score is 7. Can anyone tell me some good universities where i can study business and managent courses for my masters? I have applied in some of the Unis such as Birmingham and York, but their requirements are higher. Can someone recommend me GOOD STATE OWNED UNIVERSITIES which requirements will match my qualifications?
Hi @maexle,

hast du dich bereits für eine Universität entscheiden können?
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian and have marketing experience of about 2 years. I have got the following offers

MSc International Marketing - University of Strathclyde
MSc Strategic marketing - Cranfield SOM
MSc advanced marketing - Lancaster University

Which one be the best programme, looking at my future ambition to secure a job in the UK or EU.
In my opinion it should be
Imperial > MBS >> Lancaster = Henley >>>> Aston

Also try LSE & KCL as well. I just accepted my LSE offer for Management program and so excited to begin my course this year.
Original post by suranaronak16
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian and have marketing experience of about 2 years. I have got the following offers

MSc International Marketing - University of Strathclyde
MSc Strategic marketing - Cranfield SOM
MSc advanced marketing - Lancaster University

Which one be the best programme, looking at my future ambition to secure a job in the UK or EU.

Hi suranaronak:smile:

Well-done on your offers! They are from very good Universities so well-done again. Like you, I am an international student, and like you, some years ago, I faced this decisions too. I chose Cranfield and I do my PhD here now. It's been a decision which has proven to be excellent.

I do know a bit about the MSc Strategic Marketing programme in Cranfield and I would say that, from the industrial partnerships to the course modules to the reputation of the School of Management, it has been shaped to help you begin a career in the UK/EU before you graduate. Of course, you have to put in the hard work as a student.

The School of Management is world-renown in its teaching of finance and management modules. You will work on with lecturers that have real-world experience, as they are actively engaged in international research and consultancy. Hence, you will have opportunities for collaboration in research and industry available once you seek them, even as an MSc student. Your module is 60% taught and 40% thesis project. The class profile for the 2016/2017 set was an average age of 25 years and 17 different nationalities. Your degree is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Market Research Society.

One important part of your MSc programme is the market consultancy project. This will be carried out in teams and is effectively a group project, of a real-time project with a real-time organisation. Thus you will work with your colleagues and employees of an assigned company on a marketing consultancy project in a time-constrained environment. Hopefully, you get to shine here! Google, Nike, Cobra Beer, Acer and Sainsbury's are companies our students have worked with in the past. Some have gone on to start a career there.:smile:

Hopefully, this should help you with the questions you have. Feel free to get back to me, if you have anymore.

Cheers!
Cranfield TSR Rep.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending