The Student Room Group

Work Experience with Sky News

I am applying to carry out work experience with Sky News and was wondering if anyone had any tips? Anyone who has experience working with them and on the application process - would love any help. Thanks
I have eighteen years experience in factual TV but not Sky News. I would have thought that they need to know that you know their output and their people and what stories they have done that you think work well. They are probably looking for you to have some ideas about what you think might work or your own spin on something that you can offer - I guess you are in editorial? In which case, you really need to demonstrate that you understand what a story is and what a scoop is. Show a lot of enthusiasm and evidence tenacity. Show initiative. Whatever you do, show that you have a good idea of the lay of the land of news journalism. Name names and quote stories. Strongly think about how it is that Sky have differentiated their coverage from other terrestrial providers - how have they delivered whatever it is that the claim they delivered? I hope you get Sky. Oh yes - have an awareness of the political Leverson (sp?) fall out and recent journalism biggest hits stories-wise.

Isn't Kay Burleigh one of theirs? In which case, the way they covered the royal birth was a big news story for more than one reason. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending