The Student Room Group

Entrance Grade Flexibility - Medical Schools

This poll is closed

Help me choose which med school

King's College Medical School 75%
Manchester Medical School25%
Total votes: 4
Hey guys, I would really like opinions on the grade flexibility of Manchester Medical School vs King's College Medical school.

Need to make my decisions soon on my firm and my insurance, and both med schools want AAA grades, but I really don't know which to choose, since I love them both equally.

Any help is mucho apreciado! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by futuredoctorVSB
Hey guys, I would really like opinions on the grade flexibility of Manchester Medical School vs King's College Medical school.

Need to make my decisions soon on my firm and my insurance, and both med schools want AAA grades, but I really don't know which to choose, since I love them both equally.

Any help is mucho apreciado! :smile:

I'd say firm Kings as it has a better rep.
Reply 2
Kings as at a London medical School you will see diseases you will see nowhere else. Also based at some of the biggest and best research hospitals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 391iady
I'd say firm Kings as it has a better rep.

With some of the lowest student satisfaction scores in the country...

OP, to be honest neither was high on my list of potential medical schools, because I didn't want to go to London and didn't like PBL. I think those two things should be the main factors in your decision.

I've worked in London for almost 5 years now and encountered plenty of King's students - I'm not at all convinced that the experience there is better than anywhere else. But if you like it better, you should go there, just not based on rubbish about teaching hospitals/reputation.
Flexibility is going to depend on how many other people miss their grades and how many people they have on a waiting list that do make the grades. In the absence of a crystal ball, pick the one you'd rather go to. Flip a coin, and your gut reaction on how it lands is generally a fairly good guide.
Reply 5
Just firm the school that you really want to go to. I'm sure you have some sort of preference of one over the other.
My friend got an B in maths at the end of A2 but he still got in medicine for Manchester despite of his offer for AAA, but he did perform really well in the interview and he contacted them explaining he felt he failed his final exam before results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by MocchiatoBreak
My friend got an B in maths at the end of A2 but he still got in medicine for Manchester despite of his offer for AAA, but he did perform really well in the interview and he contacted them explaining he felt he failed his final exam before results day

Posted from TSR Mobile

so he got AAB ?
yeah, he did in the end. He also got lots of hate because he still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
yeah, he did in the end. He also got lots of hate because he still got in

Posted from TSR Mobile

hate from who?
From everyone but that's mainly because he didn't revise/try that hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
From everyone but that's mainly because he didn't revise/try that hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

He used his initiative and told them beforehand. Plus they must have really liked him. Maths isn't heavily used in medicine anyway so there's no reason for him to have not got in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Of the two I think I'd take Manchester. I've known people who went to both and the Manchester lot seem happier with the place. Additionally the cost of living is much lower so you should have far more spare cash to enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending