The Student Room Group

Corporate workwear suggestions

I've got a summer internship in a management consultancy firm and probably need to buy some new clothes and was looking for some suggestions.

I've already got 4 long sleeved blouses, two neutral pencil skirts, a cardigan and a couple of blazers. I've also got some plain long sleeved tops which look quite smart but I don't know if they would be appropriate?

I have two dresses which are technically work wear but they are mid-thigh. Is that appropriate in a corporate workplace with tights andflats just so that it’s not too obvious?

A plain white shirt and black trousers are on my list too but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions/advice on clothes?

I'm 5.2, hourglass, size 8-10 if that helps

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Bump
Have they said anything about the dress code? Are they very strict? I think mid thigh is fine as long as you wear thick black tights and keep the top covered! I think this dress from Warehouse would be really good for work. It's only £15! http://www.warehouse.co.uk/spot-jacquard-dress/dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/4543093001
Reply 3
Original post by rachelstylehoney
Have they said anything about the dress code? Are they very strict? I think mid thigh is fine as long as you wear thick black tights and keep the top covered! I think this dress from Warehouse would be really good for work. It's only £15! http://www.warehouse.co.uk/spot-jacquard-dress/dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/4543093001

I really like that dress!

There isn't really a dress code beyond 'business wear'. It's quite a small team but each individual has a lot of responsibility, it's often client facing and there is a lot of global travel involved. Everyone is quite old too so I really want to make a good impression and I feel that something too short would make me feel uncomfortable all day.

Guess I'll be really safe on my first day and see what the others are wearing and go from there:smile:
Original post by Classicar
I really like that dress!

There isn't really a dress code beyond 'business wear'. It's quite a small team but each individual has a lot of responsibility, it's often client facing and there is a lot of global travel involved. Everyone is quite old too so I really want to make a good impression and I feel that something too short would make me feel uncomfortable all day.

Guess I'll be really safe on my first day and see what the others are wearing and go from there:smile:

I think you'd be safe to go with a just below the knee, muted coloured dress and then maybe when you've settled in more you can be a bit more experimentive! Best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending