The Student Room Group

IGCSE or AS maths

I did my maths IGCSE last year November and passed but with only a D. This year I was looking to do AS maths but am struggling to do it. If I repeated my maths IGCSE this November and got a C or higher, would that suffice for university exemptry into accounting? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by heids_18
I did my maths IGCSE last year November and passed but with only a D. This year I was looking to do AS maths but am struggling to do it. If I repeated my maths IGCSE this November and got a C or higher, would that suffice for university exemptry into accounting? :smile:

Depends on the uni which you want to go too.

For example Bath specifically requires maths as one of the a levels. This is in comparison to Manchester who state:
Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A Level subjects: Accounting, Anthropology, Business Studies, Classics, Economics, English Language/Literature, Further Mathematics, Geography, History, Law, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Use of Mathematics and World Development.

But you would probably want a B or higher at Maths Gcse if you do not have it as AS/A2 level.

Quick Reply

Latest