The Student Room Group

Bad hair day for Kim in London hair salon prompts state visit from North Korea

Kim Jong-un has been severely offended. A West End hair salon decided to photoshop the Marvellous Son of the Dear Leader in an ad for their window.

Staff from the North Korean Embassy in London (a house in Gunnersbury) took umbridge and visited the salon, M & M in South Ealing, to ask the owner to remove the offending poster, which they refused.

The NK Embassy then called the police, who declined to act.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/15/north-koreans-complain-london-hairdresser-kim-jong-un

It's pretty bad that the Dear Divine Leader can't take a joke.

Scroll to see replies

North Koreans are very happy people
Original post by Green Marble
North Koreans are very happy people

:yeah: With up to date and rather chic hair styles.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
:yeah: With up to date and rather chic hair styles.

And the hippest music http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJwlUNiJBQ

There is just nothing that can hold back this small and much misunderstood country from rightful world domination.
There is just nothing that can hold back this small and much misunderstood country from rightful world domination.

Unlikely as they don't have the support of liberal guardian readers, unlike Islam.
It's time for another rocket launch!

Reply 7
Going there for a hair cut next :tongue:
The embassy should be shut down or at least those who paid the visit have their diplomatic status revoked.
Original post by barnetlad
The embassy should be shut down or at least those who paid the visit have their diplomatic status revoked.

Joking aside, it is utterly disgusting and outrageous that these creeps think they can wander out of their 'embassy' and molest people for having a dig at the Dear Fat Leader. I wonder if this attitude has in any way been fostered by the Met Police's attitude to embassies in London, eg, that they must be defended at all costs, regardless of right or wrong. I'm almost surprised the police didn't rush round to this salon and accuse them of a hate crime.
Joking aside, it is utterly disgusting and outrageous that these creeps think they can wander out of their 'embassy' and molest people for having a dig at the Dear Fat Leader.

Standard racism and fat-shaming.

What a classy individual you are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LucasMoura
Standard racism and fat-shaming.

your so PC you'd ban super mario bros for implying Italians were midgets
Original post by LucasMoura
Standard racism and fatshaming.

Reported

Neither. I'm picking up on his diet as so many people in NK go hungry. And I never mentioned race - there's a difference between criticism of North Korea for their disgusting policies (which is what I referenced) and their ethnicity. I have no complaints against Koreans as a race.
Original post by ipoop

Is it a good salon? Watch out for sinister men in dark suits with notebooks. :biggrin:
Joking aside, it is utterly disgusting and outrageous that these creeps think they can wander out of their 'embassy' and molest people for having a dig at the Dear Fat Leader. I wonder if this attitude has in any way been fostered by the Met Police's attitude to embassies in London, eg, that they must be defended at all costs, regardless of right or wrong. I'm almost surprised the police didn't rush round to this salon and accuse them of a hate crime.

To be honest I'd prefer to look at it the other way around. I'm not convinced every North Korean is entirely brainwashed by the Kim regime, especially those who are farmed out on diplomatic duty to nations with free media etc. Imagine being one of the diplomatic staff, receiving orders from above that the powers that be want this 'insulting' poster removed post haste, and having to walk into that salon to make that serious request. God knows how embarrassed you'd be!
Original post by ipoop

Male students in North Korea have to get the same haircut Kim Jong-un! :laugh:

So eh yeah.....hope it suits you :borat:
Unlikely as they don't have the support of liberal guardian readers, unlike Islam.

Why do you make every thread about Islam?
Original post by Theflyingbarney
To be honest I'd prefer to look at it the other way around. I'm not convinced every North Korean is entirely brainwashed by the Kim regime, especially those who are farmed out on diplomatic duty to nations with free media etc. Imagine being one of the diplomatic staff, receiving orders from above that the powers that be want this 'insulting' poster removed post haste, and having to walk into that salon to make that serious request. God knows how embarrassed you'd be!

Maybe. However, my suspicion is that they are so brainwashed and blinded by the propaganda and the arrogance of the state elite that they actually think this is the kind of thing they can get away with in another country. It's partly a symptom of weakness in the general conduct of policy towards embassy staff in London by the British government and the London authorities. This isn't the only case where embassies have exceeded their powers. I wonder if these men were armed - I wouldn't put it past them.
Neither. I'm picking up on his diet as so many people in NK go hungry. And I never mentioned race - there's a difference between criticism of North Korea for their disgusting policies (which is what I referenced) and their ethnicity. I have no complaints against Koreans as a race.

According to the UN the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.

I'm pretty sure you were distinctively talking about North Koreans which is a nationality.

Fat shaming is fat shaming no matter how many other people starve.

You're a bigot in more ways than one.
Reply 19
Is it a good salon? Watch out for sinister men in dark suits with notebooks. :biggrin:

Don't know, South Ealing is a boring **** hole imo anyway :tongue: but I have to try them out, they seem creative if they came up with that :tongue:

Original post by -Neuro-
Male students in North Korea have to get the same haircut Kim Jong-un! :laugh:

So eh yeah.....hope it suits you :borat:

Hahahaha might just be the final step to having myself kicked out of home :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest