The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

English literature at Southampton...is it good?!

I have an offer to read English literature at Southampton, but everyone keeps telling me how Southampton largely focuses on sciences. When I visited their English dept I was impressed, especially because the course is so interesting. But I found the place a bit dull.

But I also have an offer from Newcastle, and I really like their course too and life there seems more vibrant.
I am reconsidering because I kinda like Newcastle too.To be honest, I am just chasing reputation, and graduate prospects at this point because I like the course in both unis.

So current students (or not) what is your opinion on Southampton as a whole, and also for their English (and humanities in general) department.

Please help! Need to decide soon..

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Hoola Hoops
I have an offer to read English literature at Southampton, but everyone keeps telling me how Southampton largely focuses on sciences. When I visited their English dept I was impressed, especially because the course is so interesting. But I found the place a bit dull.

But I also have an offer from Newcastle, and I really like their course too and life there seems more vibrant.
I am reconsidering because I kinda like Newcastle too.To be honest, I am just chasing reputation, and graduate prospects at this point because I like the course in both unis.

So current students (or not) what is your opinion on Southampton as a whole, and also for their English (and humanities in general) department.

Please help! Need to decide soon..

Both universities are RG universities - so both are well respected amongst employers - especially your course as well.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
Both universities are RG universities - so both are well respected amongst employers - especially your course as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending