The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort 2014/15 applicants

I noticed there isn't really a proper thread for this, so instead of checking every week or so I decided to start one.

Who's firmed De Montfort? And what are you studying? Also what are your plans for accommodation?

I've firmed De Montfort and I hope to be studying Journalism (single honours). Is anyone else going to be studying Journalism at DMU?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by meganroseboyle
I noticed there isn't really a proper thread for this, so instead of checking every week or so I decided to start one.

Who's firmed De Montfort? And what are you studying? Also what are your plans for accommodation?

I've firmed De Montfort and I hope to be studying Journalism (single honours). Is anyone else going to be studying Journalism at DMU?

I've firmed, I'm studying fashion buying and I've put down my 'bond' on my accommodation at filbert village :biggrin:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Hey,

I've firmed, and studying Accounting and Finance, and am with CODE accommodation !
Reply 3
Original post by janessab12
I've firmed, I'm studying fashion buying and I've put down my 'bond' on my accommodation at filbert village :biggrin:

Hi,
Sounds good! I can't wait to start. :smile:
Did you book privately for Filbert Village? I was looking at staying there but I want to book a viewing first... Have you viewed it?

Also, have you applied for student finance yet?
Reply 4
Original post by livssouthwell
Hey,

I've firmed, and studying Accounting and Finance, and am with CODE accommodation !

Hi,
Sounds great! Can't wait for freshers.:smile:
CODE looks so good, I was just worried about staying there in the first year with it being studio flats... But you get a lot for your money in comparison, to say, Newarke Point and it just looks so much nicer than the other accommodation. Dilemma!
Reply 5
Firmed the other day for Pharmacy! Can't wait for modules on Medicine Design and Pharmaceuticals!

No idea about accommodation, from what I heard, Filbert's nice, albeit next to a power station, and Newarke is meant to be pretty nice, I don't know about much else though!
Reply 6
Hi,
Sounds good! I can't wait to start. :smile:
Did you book privately for Filbert Village? I was looking at staying there but I want to book a viewing first... Have you viewed it?

Also, have you applied for student finance yet?

Yeah I went private so I could see the sex and what year the people were I was sharing with

No I haven't viewed, I just looked at posts on here and photos, plus the price is good for a room with a double bed o:smile:

I actually can't wait, my amazon wish list is bursting with decor I just want to get my hands on those white walls!!

Yeah I did my student finance back in Feb, how keen am I!? Haha
I'm hopefully going to study Forensics Science and I'll most likely be staying at Bede Hall.
Hi,
Sounds great! Can't wait for freshers.:smile:
CODE looks so good, I was just worried about staying there in the first year with it being studio flats... But you get a lot for your money in comparison, to say, Newarke Point and it just looks so much nicer than the other accommodation. Dilemma!

yeah thats true thats what i was worried about! but there is social common rooms and a gym!!
go to CODE!
Reply 9

I've firmed for Product and furniture design, just waiting for the accommodation service to go live now :smile:
Original post by GSmith19901
Firmed the other day for Pharmacy! Can't wait for modules on Medicine Design and Pharmaceuticals!

No idea about accommodation, from what I heard, Filbert's nice, albeit next to a power station, and Newarke is meant to be pretty nice, I don't know about much else though!

Newarke is pretty grim in my opinion (had to stay there when my halls electricity went down for three nights), but it's right on campus- as in you can see the main building for pharmacy lectures from it; around 70-metre distance if that. Filbert's okay, best place to get to know people plus it's en-suite and around 12 minute walk away. Code is probably the nicest but a bit pricier however for 1st years I'd recommend Filbert.

Third year pharmacy student here! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by alan.cieslar
I'm hopefully going to study Forensics Science and I'll most likely be staying at Bede Hall.

I stayed in Bede in first year!

Best points: lived with 9 others so you're bound to make friends with someone and I've made 3 friends for life so yay! It's always lively, so plenty of people to get to know.

Bad points: not en-suite, in general the grimmest out of all the halls :colondollar: But I wouldn't ever change where I lived in first year- was worth every minute!
Reply 12
yeah thats true thats what i was worried about! but there is social common rooms and a gym!!
go to CODE!

which CODE are you staying in? because i'm think of CODE but i was worried about the whole no other freshers thing haha
Original post by Green Velvet
I stayed in Bede in first year!

Best points: lived with 9 others so you're bound to make friends with someone and I've made 3 friends for life so yay! It's always lively, so plenty of people to get to know.

Bad points: not en-suite, in general the grimmest out of all the halls :colondollar: But I wouldn't ever change where I lived in first year- was worth every minute!

Sounds great :biggrin: One of the main reasons why I want to live there is to meet lots of new people :biggrin:
Original post by Debeis
which CODE are you staying in? because i'm think of CODE but i was worried about the whole no other freshers thing haha

Western Road in block C, what do you mean haha?
Reply 15
Hey,

I'm gonna be at CODE too! I'm at western road as well, but block A :3
Original post by littlefawn
I'm gonna be at CODE too! I'm at western road as well, but block A :3

Wooo! Still good though! x
Wooo! Still good though! x

Yeah! I was afraid I wouldn't find any other freshers there, haha x
Reply 18
I've firmed DMU as well, I've already booked CODE, studying computer science, I can't wait ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I'm staying at CODE too! I was also worried about not enough freshers there, but it seems like we gonna be plenty :smile: Freshers week starts at the 22nd, so when does everyone thinking of moving in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending