The Student Room Group

What makes me so 'attractive'?

I'm currently in a relationship, but I feel like my boyfriend doesn't benefit a lot from me.
Firstly, I can complain loads, I always like things my way but he always gives me my way, he would do anything to make me happy. We've been together for two years and never had sex, I don't want to have sex until I'm married but I'm sure he wants it with me now but regardless he abides with my wishes. He pays for everything, however occasionally I pay for things. He spoils me rotten, he makes me food, he makes me breakfast in bed, if I ask him to go to the shopping centre two hours away, he puts up a little fight but does it regardless. When I'm upset, he says up for hours talking to me to make me feel better (last night we stayed up til 5am because I was upset, but even though he was tired after a long day he still stayed up)

In the past, my relationships have all been similar, but I have never been dumped, I always do the dumping. But my boyfriend is just up to scratch, he knows exactly what I want, when I want it and why. I have no arguments with him about anything.

My friend made a joke that got me thinking, she said she doesn't understand why anyone wants to be with me. They get basically nothing they want from the relationship.

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Never live this fella.

Compromise with the sex thing; you ca be a virgin when married if you give him blow jobs. That's fair enough. He's earned them.

Maybe he just loves you?
Reply 2
Original post by KingStannis
Never live this fella.

Compromise with the sex thing; you ca be a virgin when married if you give him blow jobs. That's fair enough. He's earned them.

Maybe he just loves you?

I know he loves me, trust me I love him too, a huge amount, but I have reasons to love him. Maybe he just loves the person I make him.
Reply 3
Original post by Top Queen
I'm currently in a relationship, but I feel like my boyfriend doesn't benefit a lot from me.
Firstly, I can complain loads, I always like things my way but he always gives me my way, he would do anything to make me happy. We've been together for two years and never had sex, I don't want to have sex until I'm married but I'm sure he wants it with me now but regardless he abides with my wishes. He pays for everything, however occasionally I pay for things. He spoils me rotten, he makes me food, he makes me breakfast in bed, if I ask him to go to the shopping centre two hours away, he puts up a little fight but does it regardless. When I'm upset, he says up for hours talking to me to make me feel better (last night we stayed up til 5am because I was upset, but even though he was tired after a long day he still stayed up)

In the past, my relationships have all been similar, but I have never been dumped, I always do the dumping. But my boyfriend is just up to scratch, he knows exactly what I want, when I want it and why. I have no arguments with him about anything.

My friend made a joke that got me thinking, she said she doesn't understand why anyone wants to be with me. They get basically nothing they want from the relationship.

Any suggestions?

Some people are like that. Tsr likes to make out this kinda thing is wrong but truth is there are many relationships where things aren't as straight cut as people make out they should be.
If everyone is happy who cares? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I know he loves me, trust me I love him too, a huge amount, but I have reasons to love him. Maybe he just loves the person I make him.

You sound like a domme.
Reply 5
Original post by marinaim
Some people are like that. Tsr likes to make out this kinda thing is wrong but truth is there are many relationships where things aren't as straight cut as people make out they should be.
If everyone is happy who cares? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good point, Thankyou :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by James Gee
You sound like a domme.

I don't like to think I am, many exs have said I dominated them but most said they liked it. Although one did say he didn't want me to ruin his reputation because I'm 'popular', but my current boyfriend is a lot better than me in every aspect, he's smarter, better looking, and a lot more 'popular' so I can't see this applying to our situation.
Reply 7
I don't like to think I am, many exs have said I dominated them but most said they liked it. Although one did say he didn't want me to ruin his reputation because I'm 'popular', but my current boyfriend is a lot better than me in every aspect, he's smarter, better looking, and a lot more 'popular' so I can't see this applying to our situation.

Yeah you're a domme.
Is he a boyfriend or a whipped labrador you have running around? :lolwut:
Reply 9
Original post by elpistolero7
Is he a boyfriend or a whipped labrador you have running around? :lolwut:

Looool, he's just really nice and sweet
Reply 10
Why don't you try to make yourself a better girlfriend instead of making threads on TSR?
Looool, he's just really nice and sweet

I'm sorry if I sound rude but that sounds like an incredibly weird dynamic. To each their own I guess, though.
Sounds like he loves you. Are you really so shallow or self absorbed that you can't see that? It wasn't a dig btw, its a genuine question. :confused:
Original post by MJ1012
Why don't you try to make yourself a better girlfriend instead of making threads on TSR?

Matter of opinion not fact though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by MJ1012

You clearly don't understand the post, I didn't ask for advice on how to be a better girlfriend, my boyfriend has said I'm perfect for him and everything he wants, so I think I'm the best I can be, thanks for your concern though.
Reply 15
Original post by brownbearxo
Sounds like he loves you. Are you really so shallow or self absorbed that you can't see that? It wasn't a dig btw, its a genuine question. :confused:

I know that he loves me, I just struggle to understand why he does.
Reply 16
Original post by elpistolero7
I'm sorry if I sound rude but that sounds like an incredibly weird dynamic. To each their own I guess, though.

I'm struggling to understand it myself.
Basically your textbook beta male.
Your boyfriend needs to grow a pair.
Some people like being able to support someone so maybe he doesn't mind if you don't really "give back"?

Quick Reply

Latest