The Student Room Group

How long did your first relationship last and how old were you?

A lot of people say that first relationships never last. I'm interested to see how many people stayed with their first partner. I'll start - age 20, 8 months and counting :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
14, 2 years.
14, 2 months lmao.
I'm still in my first relationship so 5 years and counting. Started when we were 14.
Reply 4
17, approaching 4 years :smile:
Reply 5
19 and 10 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I was 18 years and 2 months old, the relationship lasted from 2005 (September) until 2011 (January).
At 2012 (late July until early August) we had a simple conversation and set the terms to break up officially.

How was it? I'd say it was a painful experience, I have my share of mistakes and regrets, yet I learned a lot and grew by it. I'm currently in love the most amazing, caring, patient and forgiving lady I have ever seen for 6 months and 6 days :smile:.
Reply 8
Age 11, lasted 1 afternoon. :redface:
Original post by miser
Age 11, lasted 1 afternoon. :redface:

11, a whole 3 weeks hahaa
Reply 10
15, 7 years.

Key advice: don't stay in a relationship because of previous time investment. People's attitudes and priorities change. If I had known this at the time, it would have been 5 years not 7...
Original post by um12
15, 7 years.

Key advice: don't stay in a relationship because of previous time investment. People's attitudes and priorities change. If I had known this at the time, it would have been 5 years not 7...

This. Sound advice, it's very easy to do this and then once the relationship inevitably does end, you look back and realise that you've been a bit of a fool. Happened to me and I ended up staying with the guy at least 1.5 years longer than I really should have after he did something that wasn't really what you'd describe as admirable *eugh*.

Anyway, 12 I think, and about 3 weeks (until he proceeded to cheat on me and then dump me for aforementioned girl). Funny thing was, I actually didn't give a **** :colondollar:.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's been just over 4 years and we're still together.. I'm 20 at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never count this one but...I was 13 and it lasted like 2 months on MSN with really good conversation (he went to my primary school) and then we met up but there was hardly any conversation and it was really ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
16, lasted about 2.5 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We were 16 when it started. 2 years and counting :smile:
Reply 16
Still in mine from being 14 and I was 15 11 days after we got together:wink:. Its approaching 3 years now!
Forever alone
15 and I think somewhere approaching two years
I was 12 and I don't remember how long. Few weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest