The Student Room Group

3rd year then onto masters.

Hey,

I got an offer for 3rd year entry at Oxford Brookes university (not very good I know) among other offers. However since Im already a mature student, this would mean that I can win back some lost time in a way. My ambitions after this bachelor degree is to progress onto a masters programme at a better UK uni (or in home country), or to take a graduate diploma in economics (like Bristol) then MSc to open up more career possibilities. My questions is: How would the postgraduate admissions look upon my profile as I entered onto third year, meaning I had a quite swift degree, but with the ambitions to progress further.

Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Your degree certificate may not portray the information you've provided here but either way if you're leaving the course at Oxford Brooks with a BA/BSc then you will be as qualified as someone else with the same qualification.

To get onto the third year of a degree is an impressive achievement to be honest and if anything may be looked upon favourably. Also, the first year of a three year degree doesn't often count towards the final mark anyway as this is seen as a practice/intro year on many if not most degrees.
Reply 2
Thank you for this answer. Hopefully it will work out!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending