The Student Room Group

Volkswagen Phaeton

The Volkswagen Phaeton is the suavest, most sophsticated Saloon that the world has to offer. Its lengthly wheelbase, sturdy steel body and good looks make it an elegant and head turning offering to any saloon enthusiast.

Turning up to a social occasion in this fine motor will be sure to get people talking, and you will have gained the instant respect of your rivals and females before you have even exited the vechile.

It has room for an entourage, even an expanding one. If one desires female company then no girl will be able to resist when a this luxurious elegantly styled limousine pulls up next to her and offers her a ride.

The last word is saloon luxury, it will inspire jealousy and admiration (in that order) from ones neighbours. The addition of this Saloon on the drive will increase house prices by 10% in the neighbourhood. The lower classes and those in menial occupations will recognise their place in society and bow their heads in the direction of this truly aspirational saloon.

Underneath the long wide bonnet is a mighty 5 litre 10 cyclinder turbo diesel, capable of hustling this nearly 3 tonne saloon at a pace that one wouldn't believe possible. Its wide thick tyres, low centre of gravity and powerful engine make this vechile ideally suited to late night street racing, offering a turn of pace that other motorists simply can not hope to match.

Scroll to see replies

ugly front headlamps bro
Mercedes S Class? 7 Series? A8? Maybach if you count that as a saloon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattcam94
Mercedes S Class? 7 Series? A8? Maybach if you count that as a saloon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The above are all desirable Saloons. But they are simply not as elegant as the desirable Phaeton
Original post by traintracks1995
The Volkswagen Phaeton is the suavest, most sophsticated Saloon that the world has to offer. Its lengthly wheelbase, sturdy steel body and good looks make it an elegant and head turning offering to any saloon enthusiast.

Far from it, I prefer to be seen arriving in a Jaguar XJ or a Mercedes S-Class or when I've truly made it a Rolls Royce Phantom.

Turning up to a social occasion in this fine motor will be sure to get people talking, and you will have gained the instant respect of your rivals and females before you have even exited the vechile.

You'd be shooed away and told to make way for the Audis, BMWs, Jaguars, Lexus, Maseratis and Mercedes.

I doubt any girl would be impressed if you showed up in one that is as old as those you could afford and if you bought a new one it is most likely the case she'd mistake it for an overpriced Passat and judge you as having poor judgements.

It has room for an entourage, even an expanding one. If one desires female company then no girl will be able to resist when a this luxurious elegantly styled limousine pulls up next to her and offers her a ride.

Most girls who care about cars will only want a guy in an Audi or BMW not VW. Some might demand for a Porsche too.

The last word is saloon luxury, it will inspire jealousy and admiration (in that order) from ones neighbours. The addition of this Saloon on the drive will increase house prices by 10% in the neighbourhood. The lower classes and those in menial occupations will recognise their place in society and bow their heads in the direction of this truly aspirational saloon.

I doubt anyone would notice :smile: Most likely they'd think you run a minicab/chauffeur firm and might call you to send them to the airport.

Last word in a luxury saloon is none other than a Rolls Royce Phantom even the leather in it is nice and floor mats are made from wool certainly not the case for a Phaeton.

Underneath the long wide bonnet is a mighty 5 litre 10 cyclinder turbo diesel, capable of hustling this nearly 3 tonne saloon at a pace that one wouldn't believe possible. Its wide thick tyres, low centre of gravity and powerful engine make this vechile ideally suited to late night street racing, offering a turn of pace that other motorists simply can not hope to match.

V10s are no longer in production. Only those who are not there yet would buy a diesel powered luxury sedan on their own, those who had truly made it would buy the biggest petrol engine version....... W12 or GTFO.
Lol it's a Volkswagen no one is going to bat an eyelid at one
Its a German Prestige Saloon. Girls will be batting their eye lashes at anyone who holds the keys to these
The Phaeton is one of Volkswagen's most sophisticated models. Standing alongside the other great saloons like the Passat and Jetta, it stands out as one of the most well crafted and built motors you can ever buy. Not only is driving the Phaeton a dream but it will also make your dreams come true. Have you seen a beautiful woman you wish to make your wife lately? Drive this and she will be your wife as this automobile is definitely going to make you stand out and grab her attention. With a minimum of a 3L engine in the diesel variant, this car is sure to pack a punch. You certainly won't have issues passing new drivers in hatchbacks on the motorway when off to the beach with your newly acquired wife. The elegant exterior is perfectly complimented by a suave leather interior and ensures that every visit is one made in true class. Not only will this car look incredible in front of your home but most certainly, due to its impressive design, won't look out of place outside a 5 star hotel like the Hilton. The Phaeton is also extremely quiet compared to most other luxury cars and this ensures a pleasant journey for you and your companions, of whom you will have many, thanks to driving such an aesthetic motor.

exited the vechile.

this vechile ideally

PLEASE stop spelling it like that.

Anyway, most people don't know what the **** a phaeton is. You're hardly going to look as though you've made it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rump Steak
PLEASE stop spelling it like that.

Anyway, most people don't know what the **** a phaeton is. You're hardly going to look as though you've made it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet you drive a hatchback, don't you?
The Phaeton's ability to whisk its occupants from A to B in a timely and comfortably manner makes it ideally suited for those that wish to street race in comfort, whilst also not spilling the back seat occupants champagne.
That car is a thing of beauty. I have just seen one on Auto Trader for £4,500!
Original post by pane123
That car is a thing of beauty. I have just seen one on Auto Trader for £4,500!

Thus making it a steal for anyone that wants to live the saloon lifestyle.
Thus making it a steal for anyone that wants to live the saloon lifestyle.

I think I want to live the saloon lifestyle.
Its a German Prestige Saloon. Girls will be batting their eye lashes at anyone who holds the keys to these

Lol It's a Volkswagen not a Bentley. No one looks at a Volkswagen and thinks "yeah. They've made it in life" Volkswagen means peoples car not prestige car.

You'd fit well in the 80s/90s when having a German saloon was actually a status symbol.
Reply 15
Original post by Camoxide
Lol It's a Volkswagen not a Bentley. No one looks at a Volkswagen and thinks "yeah. They've made it in life" Volkswagen means peoples car not prestige car.

You'd fit well in the 80s/90s when having a German saloon was actually a status symbol.

Jealous of us in our German whips
Original post by pane123
I think I want to live the saloon lifestyle.

How does a life surrounded by beautiful women throwing themselves into your car, while your peers watch in admiration, wondering if one day they might make it in life like you did sound? How does a life where even a simple drive to the shops in your elegant saloon, culminating in you activating the stylish boot lid open with a simple press of the key fob, causing those poor hatchback drivers to turn their heads in envy? How does a life where other road users give way and allow the passage of the saloon through traffic, whilst other saloons challenge you to late night races sound ?
Original post by Camoxide

I would indeed
Original post by Jusd
Jealous of us in our German whips

We be balling, they be balding
Reply 17

I think an S65 AMG is better.
Original post by Tbx
I think an S65 AMG is better.

Whilst undoubtedly a desirable vechile, the big Benz simply just doesn't have the elegance of the Phaeton. It looks too sporting and too compromised, unlike the more luxurious Phaeton. The Phaeton with it's heavy chassis, wider tyres and better centre of gravity is the more suited of the two for late night street racing.
At the end of the day it's only a VW, a 'VolksWagen', a 'people car'. Driving a Phaeton merely means you couldn't afford a Bentley Continental (or Flying Spur if you insist on a saloon).

Quick Reply

Latest