The Student Room Group

Want to Play Football

(edited 9 years ago)
Where do you live and are you still in education?

Also why did you tell us that you're gay?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by King Leonidas
Where do you live and are you still in education?

Also why did you tell us that you're gay?

I'm live in Wales & I'm in college
Original post by Ryan_Morgan_
I'm live in Wales & I'm in college

Does your college not have have a football team that you could join?
Reply 4
I would join a Sunday League team but I bet half of them the players on them have probably been playing since they were kids, and I can't join a Sunday League team because half of the people on them used to pick on me in school.

The first part is likely to be true, yes, and the second part never changes; football attracts all the *****. I used to play but it just got so tiresome to be around them, so I stopped.

I don't know what you're going to do if you won't join a Sunday league team; is there anything else? I played something called powerleague before, maybe that's something you could look into? Depends if there's one near you though. It's 5-a-side football (maybe 6, can't remember), so it's a bit different, but it might be a good place to start. Lots of awful teams play and it can be a bit less intense, but the opposite is also true. You could join a team in a lower division though maybe. Most people make their own team with their friends though, so all the teams could be full.
Reply 5
Original post by King Leonidas
Does your college not have have a football team that you could join?

I think they do but I think you gotta go through trials in order to get into the team, since I'm not very good I doubt I'd get through
I think they do but I think you gotta go through trials in order to get into the team, since I'm not very good I doubt I'd get through

Find out for sure, my college took anyone on that was prepared to go training and be a bench warmer if necessary.
Reply 7
Rofl what does your sexuality have to do with anything
Reply 8
Honestly, the whole being gay in football thing is blown out of proportion. I, nor any of my friends, would bat an eyelid if we played with a gay guy.

I would suggest the best thing to do is get a game of 5-a-sides going. Practise the basics there and eventually work up to joining an 11-a-side team.
I used to play 5-a-side every Wednesday night with people I went to school with, and 7(ish) a-side every Thursday night with some friends and guys from the neighbourhood. (One guy collects a quid from everyone each week and pays for the astroturf pitch for an hour)

This is a pretty normal way of playing informally, OP.
What does being gay have to do with playing football? Just join a local Sunday league team. I'm sure they aren't as good as what you think they are and most people just play for the fun of it so I doubt they will be too bothered if you aren't that good. What position are you looking to play?
Reply 11
Original post by FellainiAfro
What does being gay have to do with playing football? Just join a local Sunday league team. I'm sure they aren't as good as what you think they are and most people just play for the fun of it so I doubt they will be too bothered if you aren't that good. What position are you looking to play?

Striker or Defence

Quick Reply

Latest