The Student Room Group

please help! what do i do if i don't want to re-sit an exam anymore?!

i have registered to retake economics unit 2, AS. i am not doing the subject at A2 and only wanted to retake it so i could get an A overall at AS. However now i am utterly regretting this decision because i could be putting so much more effort into my A2 exams without it, it's becoming quite a burden :/ So what can i do?? will the mark just carry forward or what? will the school mark me as not attending the exam? :/ ahh please help.
You can't pull out of it without wasting your money. Just go sit it without revising. They'l end up taking the best mark from the 2 exams anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by ChickenMadness
You can't pull out of it without wasting your money. Just go sit it without revising. They'l end up taking the best mark from the 2 exams anyway.

I'm not worried about wasting my money, yeah that sucks but it's not the end of the world. i want to know if there's a way to pull out so i don't have to go in and sit it and they'll automatically just take my old mark?
Original post by jazzie14
I'm not worried about wasting my money, yeah that sucks but it's not the end of the world. i want to know if there's a way to pull out so i don't have to go in and sit it and they'll automatically just take my old mark?

Pretty sure even if you sit the exam they take the best mark out of the old and new one anyway.

But you can just go ask who ever is the exam co ordinator in your school to take you out of the exam and they'l just use the old mark. Unless its changed in the past year since I did my Alevels lol.
Reply 4
Original post by ChickenMadness
Pretty sure even if you sit the exam they take the best mark out of the old and new one anyway.

But you can just go ask who ever is the exam co ordinator in your school to take you out of the exam and they'l just use the old mark. Unless its changed in the past year since I did my Alevels lol.

ok, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest