The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster - Freshers 2014/2015

Hello!

There wasn't a thread for 2014/15 freshers so I thought I'd start one. Last year's Freshers thread seemed like a great way to get to know people before uni starts, so I thought it would be useful to make a thread for this year's freshers too!

I'm Tiina, 19, from Finland. I will be studying Fashion Buying Management on Harrow campus and I have applied for Harrow halls :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile: I am Natalie, 18 from South London and will hopefully be studying Film and Television Production at Westminster in Harrow. And I've applied for Harrow Halls.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I'm Kyle, 19 from Manchester

I'm studying politics & international relations and I'll be staying at Student Court Wembley!
Reply 3
Kyle, Natalie and Tiina (as well as anyone else who is going to post here later than me), hi! :smile:

I'm Olha, 20, from Ukraine. I'm going to study postgrad level English Language and Linguistics at the Regent campus. I'll be probably staying at the Wigram House, not sure yet.

Happy Easter to all of you!:smile:
Reply 4
Hiya, thought I'd make an appearance 💁 I'm Aleyshia and I'll be studying Politics. Applied for student court @ Wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
[QUOTE="Leysha123;47249267"]Hiya, thought I'd make an appearance 💁 I'm Aleyshia and I'll be studying Politics. Applied for student court @ Wembley

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

I'm studying that too !
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

I'm studying that too !

Ah cool! You're literally the first person on here I've found doing that course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well I'm studying politics and international relations so I'm kind of half doing what you're doing

There's another guy on here studying it with me called robinjameson who I've met through this site
Reply 8
Yeah close enough.
Oh really? Theres not a lot to be fair. I mean there was only about 25 ish of us who turned up to applicant day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm Emma, still 17 until July and live in Lincoln.
Hopefully I'll be studying Law in September and have applied for Student Court Wembley!
Reply 10
Original post by Leysha123
Yeah close enough.
Oh really? Theres not a lot to be fair. I mean there was only about 25 ish of us who turned up to applicant day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was going to go to that but I couldn't afford the £60 train ticket and I know a few others who were the same so I'm guessing course numbers will be slightly higher than that and we've always got people who get through on clearing too
Reply 11
Theres a lot of international students as well mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leysha123
Theres a lot of international students as well mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly, I think threres more than one applicant day too but I might be wrong on that one, have you applied for halls? :smile:
Hi, I'm Amy & 17
I am doing history and sociology at the regent campus and i've applied for student court @ Wembley
looking forward to meeting you all in september
Hi, Im Abu
I am doing Business management finance and financial services in Marylebone.
cant wait to see everyone.
anyone doing the same course as me?
Hi, I'm Adeola and I'm going to be studying Business Management with Entrepreneurship at the Marylebone Campus.
:smile:
Reply 16
Hey folks! I'm Tabish, 19 years old, graduated in 2013 and took a gap year traveling and working. Finished with an IB score of 28 points and I've applied to various places, but Westminster and UWE are my top choices (still don't know which one I should go for - Westminster for the location, but UWE is.. apparently higher ranked?). I'll be studying business management.

How many of you applied with your final grades (say, took a gap year or something), and how long did it take for you to get your reply? I sent off my UCAS earlier this week and received a reply from 2 of my choices within 48 hours, but UWE and Westminster have yet to get back to me. Since I already have my final grades the process should not be too long, right?

Thanks loads! Would be good to get to know some of y'all better :smile:
Original post by tabishy
Hey folks! I'm Tabish, 19 years old, graduated in 2013 and took a gap year traveling and working. Finished with an IB score of 28 points and I've applied to various places, but Westminster and UWE are my top choices (still don't know which one I should go for - Westminster for the location, but UWE is.. apparently higher ranked?). I'll be studying business management.

How many of you applied with your final grades (say, took a gap year or something), and how long did it take for you to get your reply? I sent off my UCAS earlier this week and received a reply from 2 of my choices within 48 hours, but UWE and Westminster have yet to get back to me. Since I already have my final grades the process should not be too long, right?

Thanks loads! Would be good to get to know some of y'all better :smile:

Are you from the UK? I'm on a gap year too and submitted my application but to took about 2 weeks to hear back from Westminster although it did take slightly longer still to hear back from other ones I also applied to. You'll hear back though don't worry :smile: and if you've got the requirements then it will most certainly be unconditional! Which accommodation are you looking at?
Reply 18
Original post by kyleunwin
Are you from the UK? I'm on a gap year too and submitted my application but to took about 2 weeks to hear back from Westminster although it did take slightly longer still to hear back from other ones I also applied to. You'll hear back though don't worry :smile: and if you've got the requirements then it will most certainly be unconditional! Which accommodation are you looking at?

I'm not, I completed high school in Singapore (I'm not from here though, I'm Canadian-mixed). Ah I see, well regarding the unconditional, that's not necessarily true! The two offers I've received so far from Greenwich and LSBU (more safety options than anything) are both conditional, I need to take an IELTS test. Now I'm not sure if this is ONLY because I'm an international student and the UK Border Agency needs everyone to take an IELTS to give them a Tier 4 (student) visa (hopefully some other intl. student can advise on this?) OR it's because I kiiinda messed up my IB exam and got a 4 in Higher Level Literature (certainly a lot more capable than that). I haven't really looked at accommodation as of yet because I'm still making the choice between UWE and Westminster (neither of whom have replied to me), how about yourself?
Hi Tiina. I am Elina from Bulgaria and will be studying Pr&Advertising at Westminster Harrow campus. I would love to meet you, would you like to chat on facebook or whatsapp?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending