The Student Room Group

Access to HE Nursing - Money blahhhh

Hi,

I want to study to become an ODP, but lack the grades right now...hence why I am doing an Access course in Nursing, as it has been some time since I was in education. I've looked around and an Access course is pretty much my ONLY option to do the course I want.

Currently I am unemployed and receiving JSA. If I am still in this situation when i enroll in September it will be free, but being unemployed is soul degrading.
I meet the requirements to not pay all of it because of my age and previous qualifications (no idea how much less it will be, if anyone knows roughly? I have 1 A level at grade c)
However, when I will be studying for this I wont be living at home, and there aren't any places which will accept people on any benefits, so I will have to work part time.

Are there any ways I could get help for this financial situation? I dont want to be living at home whilst I study, but It's imperative i get a merit or distinction and i dont want to be bogged down with work as well.

Why does growing up have to be so hard people?!

Can anyone shine a light on this crappy life situation I have? There all crappy situations, but what would you do? and what support is there available?
Hi,

Can you please confirm how old you are? Do you hold a previous degree?

Normally an access course would not be funded by Student Finance however, if you are over 24 then you may be eligible for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan but this would be for Tuition Fee Loan only.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending