The Student Room Group

All students who study Religious Studies (Edexel)!

Right, so would it be stupid to know revise all the topics for the Foundations exam?
So like we've covered both the cosmological and design argument, the problem of evil and suffering, situation ethics and utilitarianism.
The only one we HAVE to answer is the problem of evil.

My strongest topics are design and situation, would it be stupid to just forget about the other two topics and not revise them at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by IAmEchelon
Right, so would it be stupid to know revise all the topics for the Foundations exam?
So like we've covered both the cosmological and design argument, the problem of evil and suffering, situation ethics and utilitarianism.
The only one we HAVE to answer is the problem of evil.

My strongest topics are design and situation, would it be stupid to just forget about the other two topics and not revise them at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Choose about 3 (maybe 4 if you are cautious)- I am doing design, evil and suffering, util and situation ethics (in case they mix it)
Thank god someone finally made this thread!! Any predictions what will come up??
Reply 3
Original post by QUANTAM
Choose about 3 (maybe 4 if you are cautious)- I am doing design, evil and suffering, util and situation ethics (in case they mix it)

Do they like to mix the ethics question? Would it be like the significant features of each? Or like which is better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Do they like to mix the ethics question? Would it be like the significant features of each? Or like which is better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, they usually mix situation ethics with religious morality but if they were to do util and situation ethics, it would probably be like to outline the key features for both for A01 and for A02 it would be like "to what extent is util a more convincing theory than situation ethics" etc.

BTW- do you do abortion for unit 2? If you do, do you have any notes or anything?
Reply 5
Original post by QUANTAM
Well, they usually mix situation ethics with religious morality but if they were to do util and situation ethics, it would probably be like to outline the key features for both for A01 and for A02 it would be like "to what extent is util a more convincing theory than situation ethics" etc.

BTW- do you do abortion for unit 2? If you do, do you have any notes or anything?

Hope they don't do that this year, I don't understand util at all, situation is far more straightforward

And no sorry, I do religious experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by memoona123456
Thank god someone finally made this thread!! Any predictions what will come up??

No idea, but I hope it's really easy!

What topic are you doing for investigations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea, but I hope it's really easy!

What topic are you doing for investigations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Investigations, I'm doing 'The Study of World Religions' paper, considering Buddhist attitudes towards Euthanasia. What about you? How are you revising for Investigations?
Reply 8
For Investigations, I'm doing 'The Study of World Religions' paper, considering Buddhist attitudes towards Euthanasia. What about you? How are you revising for Investigations?

I'm doing Religious Experience, and I'm just going to write a model essay and learn it so I can change to fit the question

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Religious Experience, and I'm just going to write a model essay and learn it so I can change to fit the question

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same :smile: That's probably why the grade boundaries a high, many people will do this.
Reply 10
Does anyone know roughly what the grade boundaries roughly are?

And what questions do you think will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know roughly what the grade boundaries roughly are?

And what questions do you think will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grade boundaries are usually about 72/90 for an A. Have a look on tthe Edexcel website.

I think that for design argument, strengths and weaknesses will come up.

Maybe for Utilitariansim too,

Its quite unpredictable but just make sure you know key features, strengths, and weaknesses for everything
There is a pattern of the likely questions that could come up as the previous person stated e.g. of key features/ strengths and weaknesses.

For instance for key features they have said in the past 'prominent/key ideas/concepts' so just adapt what you know :smile:
Hey anybody doing Islam and John's Gospel in this exam, if so any ideas on what's going to come up? Thanks :smile:
Reply 14
I feel like I know nothing for this exam!

Can someone give me the strengths and weakness of Cosmo, design, evil, util and situation please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I know nothing for this exam!

Can someone give me the strengths and weakness of Cosmo, design, evil, util and situation please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can find stuff on internet for this. Exam technique is key in this exam.
Reply 16
You can find stuff on internet for this. Exam technique is key in this exam.

Any tips on exam technique then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Have absolutely no idea how to us this thread but if anybody would like to revise (eg- test each other, keywords and all that) Then send me a message, can't revise alone to save my life :eek:
Any tips on exam technique then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GEt to the point, don't waffle, make sure you're answering the question! :smile:

Make sure you adhere to time so you dont run over
Original post by IrishChick
Hey anybody doing Islam and John's Gospel in this exam, if so any ideas on what's going to come up? Thanks :smile:

Is this for unit 4 Implications?? If so I'm doing Islam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending