The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone see Turn Back Time on BBC2? The program was a bit iffy, but it had someone in a massive SPAM tin Costume.

When I saw it, I really didn't think I'd be able to use that in relevant conversation. I love TSR! :biggrin:

:tsr2: :tsr2: :tsr2: :tsr2: :tsr2:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Mattmoy_2000
Fancy dress: The trick is to put as much effort in as possible. If you *don't* dress up, you'll feel a total idiot, wheras if you have an amazing costume, everyone will think you're wonderful and you'll blend in fantastic. Apart from if you go out afterwards; you get rather strange looks if you go to a nightclub with a green face, arms, hands and painted green chest muscles thing under a ripped shirt...

Meh,I've gone out in fancy dress in Durham so many times that I've gone past caring about the strange looks. Not that there really are that many, as it's quite normal in Durham really....I don't think theres been a time when I've had a night out and not seen someone in fancy dress!

Definitely agree with you about the effort!
Yeah, you'll almost certainly see someone in fancy dress every single night out, be it bar crawl or whatever.
It's fine when there's a whole group of people with an obvious theme going on but when just 2 of you end up stranded in studio in ridiculous costumes you get a lot of very strange looks! xxx
Reply 24
Strangeness is good. :smile:
Reply 25
STRANGE looks....or ADMIRING looks? :biggrin:
Reply 26
aza484
K so here's a few pics of myself & friends during collingwood fresher week:

oooh you know ruffers! :biggrin: haha she went to my school!

Latest