The Student Room Group

12 year old is UK's youngest mother.

A couple have become Britain’s youngest parents after a girl aged just 12 years and three months gave birth to her 13-year-old boyfriend’s baby.

The girl was at primary school when she conceived last summer and had a daughter last weekend, the Sun reported.

The girl cannot be identified for legal reasons and lives with her 27-year-old mother, one of the UK’s youngest grandmothers, in North London.

The couple plan to bring up their daughter together, a source said.

The girl, a pupil in year seven, had the baby last Sunday evening with her boyfriend, who is just 13 and a year nine student at another school.

The pair have the lowest combined age of any British parents in history and at 12 years three months, the girl is five months younger than the nation’s previous youngest mother.
The new parents have been in a relationship for more than a year. Both sets of grandparents are said to be “incredibly supportive”.
A source told the Sun: "It's a very difficult situation because the parents are so young. But their families are right behind them."

Sourced : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/10769185/Girl-12-becomes-Britains-youngest-mother.html

OMG :angry:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who cares?
Reply 2
Disgusting, children are sexualized so young these days, and how can the parents be proud, if that was my child by god I don't know what I'd do.
Reply 3
Original post by futbol
Who cares?

It's an issue to care about teenage pregnancy, especially considering Britain has one of the highest in Europe
Reply 4
Original post by Zeroic
It's an issue to care about teenage pregnancy, especially considering Britain has one of the highest in Europe

We know that we have an issue with it and this story shouldn't come as much of a surprise..
Reply 5
Original post by futbol
We know that we have an issue with it and this story shouldn't come as much of a surprise..

Lol fair enough, but 12 years, I'd wouldnt be surprised if they were 14, but she was bearly even 12.
Grim. Surely this is an argument to ensure kids are well educated about sex at the appropriate age. Or at least that they are aware about precautions and consequences.
Already a thread on this.
Reply 8
I just can't understand why you would keep the baby. Not only has it ruined the 12 year old's life, it's bloody selfish in that it's a complete ruin of the baby's life.
Reply 9
Original post by Polecat
I just can't understand why you would keep the baby. Not only has it ruined the 12 year old's life, it's bloody selfish in that it's a complete ruin of the baby's life.

So you're saying abort the baby? I disagree.

Putting it up for adoption/foster care is understandable.

One thing I was wondering about the article. How can they prove that this is the youngest couple in UK history? Don't they mean since records began?
Um, the only thing I think this tells us is that 'statistics can have significant outliers'?

Meal ticket.
Fear not young maiden, for my and others taxes will fund your life for decades to come....sigh.
I think it's quite sad. I'm the same age as the father, and I can't imagine what it would feel like to find out you were having a child when you're still a child yourself. The media and other sources seem to make out that sex is such a cool thing that everyone should be doing from a very young age. Clearly there needs to be better education on contraception and sex, because unfortunately teenage pregnancies are becoming less uncommon in the UK - our rates are the highest in Western Europe and double those in France and Germany.

Good luck to them though, as what's happened has happened, and the families seem to be very supportive.
(edited 9 years ago)
And us taxpayer will have to pay for this slag. Omfg that son of a...
Original post by scateslovescake
I think it's quite sad. I'm the same age as the father, and I can't imagine what it would feel like to find out you were having a child when you're still a child yourself. The media and other sources seem to make out that sex is such a cool thing that everyone should be doing from a very young age. Clearly there needs to be better education on contraception and sex, because unfortunately teenage pregnancies are becoming less uncommon in the UK - our rates are the highest in Western Europe and double those in France and Germany.

Good luck to them though, as what's happened has happened, and the families seem to be very supportive.

the grandmother is 27 years old, meaning she was around 16-14 when she had teh kid lmao
Say what?! I was only learning about that stuff at that age
Original post by bottled
the grandmother is 27 years old, meaning she was around 16-14 when she had teh kid lmao

Perhaps that was an influential factor. I don't know. I guess now they just have to go with it and decide what to do in the child's best interests.
This **** is so ****ing wrong. If my daughter ever got pregnant at 12 or my son got a girl pregnant at that age I'd slap her/him ****ing silly.
when I was in 11 I was still playing hide n seek and 1,2,3. Talk about feeling like an old fart:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest