The Student Room Group

interview :0s

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice or experience of an interview in adult nursing? I'm not the best at interviews, although this one shall be a group one. Nerves get the better of me, I swear I always sound a bit thick! Thanks :0)
Original post by kate83
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice or experience of an interview in adult nursing? I'm not the best at interviews, although this one shall be a group one. Nerves get the better of me, I swear I always sound a bit thick! Thanks :0)

Do your best to be friendly and open in your body language.

There is usually an element of discussion and debate in the group interviews, don't be afraid to contribute first. Ask questions, play devils advocate and remember that it's fine to (respectfully) disagree with someone as long as you can back up your opinions. If you're given a scenario or video to watch, look beyond the person's immediate problem and think about the whole person, such as the impact it has on their daily living and their family life.

You'll want to look into current nursing issues (a recent copy of the Nursing Standard will help with this), as well as being aware of anything health-related in local and national news.

All the uni will be looking for is for people who are open-minded and who can give their opinion and back it up.
Reply 2
Thank you :0)

Quick Reply

Latest