The Student Room Group

Who else despises beyonce?

She is the most overrated artist in the history of music. She can sing but her demeanour is very off-putting so much so that I cringe when I see or hear her. She's a narcissist, I mean what sort of person styles themselves as Queen though I suppose if I was called queen by every idiot fan I'd start to believe it too.

Just something about her I find very grating. And I think her whole miss perfect image is a big fat lie. She tries to be this big humanitarian/feminist fighter but yet she's half naked and always gyrating in her music videos.

Is it just me?

One more thing why is she married to Jay Z it's certainly not for looks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Trust me, it is not just you.

Loads of people despise Beyonce, but almost always get shut down and called "haters". Vocally she is a good singer, but not the best. She is no Whitney Houston that's for sure. She whores herself out to sell more music than her competition, she's turning into another Rihanna and Miley. The only difference is she has a child, so its even worse for her. What type of mother sings lyrics like this

"Oh he so horny, yeah he want to ****
He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinski'd all on my gown"

Its just TMI, what happens when her daughter starts talking and starts singing her mother's lyrics. Its shameful.
Reply 2
Surely you hate everyone in the media industry then? Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, etc. are all arrogant and believe themselves to be Queens and Kings.
Original post by KingKumar
Surely you hate everyone in the media industry then? Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, etc. are all arrogant and believe themselves to be Queens and Kings.

Gaga is a Queen*

*in my opinion :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
Gaga is a Queen*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, she was named after Queen's song Radio Gaga. :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah she's a bit of a bitch..

But quite frankly she could get away with murder as far as I'm concerned because the video for single ladies redeems her
Reply 6
I totally agree. Her music is alright at best to be honest (mainly referring to her new album). Ridiculously overrated.
Reply 7
Original post by Red one
She is the most overrated artist in the history of music. She can sing but her demeanour is very off-putting so much so that I cringe when I see or hear her. She's a narcissist, I mean what sort of person styles themselves as Queen though I suppose if I was called queen by every idiot fan I'd start to believe it too.

Just something about her I find very grating. And I think her whole miss perfect image is a big fat lie. She tries to be this big humanitarian/feminist fighter but yet she's half naked and always gyrating in her music videos.

Is it just me?

One more thing why is she married to Jay Z it's certainly not for looks.

Recently you seem to hate everything, gawd is it that time of the month?
Am I the only one here who loves her :getmecoat:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Not me lol. Love Queen Bee :love:
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
Trust me, it is not just you.

Loads of people despise Beyonce, but almost always get shut down and called "haters". Vocally she is a good singer, but not the best. She is no Whitney Houston that's for sure. She whores herself out to sell more music than her competition, she's turning into another Rihanna and Miley. The only difference is she has a child, so its even worse for her. What type of mother sings lyrics like this

"Oh he so horny, yeah he want to ****
He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinski'd all on my gown"

Its just TMI, what happens when her daughter starts talking and starts singing her mother's lyrics. Its shameful.

I reckon most mothers would sing those lyrics if they made a fraction of what Beyonce earns.
Original post by King Leonidas
I reckon most mothers would sing those lyrics if they made a fraction of what Beyonce earns.

Lol thats actually kinda true.
Not just you. I really don't get the hype. People act like she's some kind of a gold unicorn with rainbows for legs but all she has is ass. She sings, she dances, she's no different to Rihanna, Gaga, Britney, and all the rest who sing and dance but because they don't have mountains for bums they can't compare to Beyonce.
Reply 13
Despise is a strong word.. But she is very overrated
Reply 14
Honestly, I do definitely love her a bit. I think she is a flawless performer, if you take into consideration the pure amount of work and effort put into her stage shows and yet she does still 'act' to a T, almost always with a smile, it's amazing. I don't like watching much of the 'recent' over-sexualised stuff though. But I will put on some of her songs if I'm doing something that needs some daft 'feisty' music like cooking or whatnot. And some of her acoustic stuff is great - plus I do think she is naturally stunning. I do definitely think she is very different to Rihanna, Gaga, Britney etc, I think she is on another level. Still wouldn't pay the stupid amount required to see her or any of their shows, but really do admire many things about her that I wouldn't about most 'celebs'.

This song, as cheesy as it is, also has been dedicated to several deceased young women I know and has been surrounded by that entirely for me. So I will always like to listen to it.

And, I think she reminds me of my sister for some reason, so it's hard to dislike her with that in mind too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jordooooom
Yeah she's a bit of a bitch..

But quite frankly she could get away with murder as far as I'm concerned because the video for single ladies redeems her

Kanye... that you?
Original post by Changing Skies
Gaga is a Queen*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure this guy would disagree.

Spoiler

I'm not so insecure as to hate someone I don't know :dontknow:
Reply 18
Original post by Green Velvet
Kanye... that you?

Kanye was completely right, and people were wrong to demonise him for putting that little slag taylor in her place!
Original post by Jordooooom
Kanye was completely right, and people were wrong to demonise him for putting that little slag taylor in her place!

Lol because ruining someone elses moment makes sense. For arguments sake let's say that you won at synchronised swimming but some douchebag who didn't even compete gatecrashes the moment you're about to collect your trophy?

Kanye was a dickhead and I don't even like Taylor Swift.

Quick Reply

Latest