The Student Room Group

Can any recomend a really abrasive exfoliator?

Looking for something thats cheap and abrasive, the one I use is ok but I need something with a little more umph. I believe the one im using Is a garnier skin naturals one. I also now and again use the brush exfoliator they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Reply 2
ST Ives Apricot scrub is cheap and cheerful. It does the job without breaking the bank too much :smile: Also brushing your face daily will help :smile: Neutrogena's oil-free pink grapefruit moisturiser is super light and works really well too as part of your routine should that help too :smile:
Reply 3
I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Scrub. It's amazing, makes my skin feel so smooth. Try an exfoliating glove as well.
Reply 4
Shouldnt really be using a very abrasive one. It destroys the skins acid mantle and causes all kinds of weird and wonderful things to happen.

Try a better quality one, for example Clinique's 7 day scrub. It gives the deepest clean I've ever had.
Reply 6
Original post by MarieJanes
ST Ives Apricot scrub is cheap and cheerful. It does the job without breaking the bank too much :smile: Also brushing your face daily will help :smile: Neutrogena's oil-free pink grapefruit moisturiser is super light and works really well too as part of your routine should that help too :smile:

Is it abrasive tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
clean n clear lemon and papaya facewash exfoliater with bursting beads. i wouldnt recommend to use it every single day. maybe a couple times a week. you can really feel the difference after youve washed it off
St Ives Apricot Scrub is a really good exfoliator and it smells great too :smile:
I second St Ives Apricot Scrub, it is the most abrasive I've used. You could also use a proper facial brush (there's a good one from The Body Shop). A D.I.Y. exfoliator could be white sugar with olive oil. You don't want to be over-exfoliating though, many people fall into this habit!
Reply 10
Sugar and honeyy, its moisturizing too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Failing that, a DIY take on LUSH's Sea Salt Scrub! Google offers many "recipes"! :wink: Simply awesome!!!
Reply 12
I went for the apricot scrub and omg its rough as hell but it jus wat I was looking for. Thanks

PS. Dont think I can use it daily though it to harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
I went for the apricot scrub and omg its rough as hell but it jus wat I was looking for. Thanks

PS. Dont think I can use it daily though it to harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, yeah it is that! I use it twice a week :smile:
I use the St Ives Invigorating All Over Body Scrub, but on my face. I use it every other day and my skin is free from spots and dry skin! I moisturise my face with the Nivea Soft Moisture Cream Pot every day, which is important when using an exfoliator. I also have a exfoliator glove from The Body Shop which I use every now and then on my body.
I would recommend trying a chemical exfoliant rather than a scrub. Have you heard of Alpha H Liquid Gold? Or any other product with glycolic acid in it. I used to use scrubs all the time then switched to a chemical exfoliator instead and it has made my skin so much better. If you really are set on a manual exfoliant maybe try a sugar scrub? Boots sells a variety of them. Daisy xxx
Reply 16
You don't wanna go mental on your skin because it creates damage and irregularities on the surface which lead to dry patches and more blemishes. Sugar scrubs tend to be good because they have a lot of particles in. I use a scrub by Dead Sea minerals it's quite good and made of mostly natural ingredients. Avoid the scrubs with ground up apricot stones etc because the particles are irregular in shape and scratch your skin on a small scale. What you need to be aware of while you scrub is not to be too powerful, but do lots and lots of small, gentle, circular motions for a few minutes and you'll do a really good exfoliation :smile:
St Ives Apricot Scrub (as long as you don't get the 'gentle' one!)
Reply 18
Yes! Crystal peeling Ananas by anna lotan. It's a scrub with double effect: fruit enzymes + mineral salts that scrub it (you feel it with your fingertips)). The more you add water, the less you feel the scrubbing agents (just adjust it yourself) If you want a good abrasive exfoliator - I recommend you this one. And for those who love it really "stronger", you can add a few drops of aha lotion - the effect is amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending