The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the best value for money would be buying remy
Original post by give me info
the best value for money would be buying remy

Well, not as THE striker that we desperately need. But as an additional forward option, he would be a good signing, no doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
Original post by sevchenko
I'd take Welbeck at Arsenal 100%. Wenger would perform some Sturridge like revival with him

Probably a step up from Giroud but not big enough of a step
Original post by qwerty_mad
Well, not as THE striker that we desperately need. But as an additional forward option, he would be a good signing, no doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lets be honest Wenger wont spend alot on a striker even with the puma deal coming in remy is the best we can hope for
Reply 524
Was about to land here and I see someone suggest that wenger should sign welbeck and remy is best we can hope for

Yh...........

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
I'd take Welbeck at Arsenal 100%. Wenger would perform some Sturridge like revival with him

You'd be stuck with two Sanogos
Reply 526
Original post by 419
Was about to land here and I see someone suggest that wenger should sign welbeck and remy is best we can hope for

Yh...........

Classic :rofl:

Just realised Arteta sacrificed a perfect set of gnashers for the cause. Dat dedication :drool: Give him the armband and let him start every remaining game.
There's better strikers we can get, although Welbeck would be brilliant for a team like Southampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even our fans are full of class. Man like Claude...

Original post by give me info
lets be honest Wenger wont spend alot on a striker even with the puma deal coming in remy is the best we can hope for

I don't think he'd be bad player by no means, you can see him bagging 20 PL goals at least at Arsenal. But I just think it's a risk too big to take. If Wenger doesn't buy a striker then I don't know. I'm gonna stop predicting who Arsenal buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DurhamXI
Even our fans are full of class. Man like Claude...

I hate Arsenal Fan TV. Just stereotypes us Arsenal fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
I hate Arsenal Fan TV. Just stereotypes us Arsenal fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just watch Claude and Mo tbh, decent lads. The rest are meh.
Anyone think Nani should be someone we consider? I know he hasn't been doing much the last one or two years but he has potential. If his mind's on it he isn't bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone think Nani should be someone we consider? I know he hasn't been doing much the last one or two years but he has potential. If his mind's on it he isn't bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are we considering these man utd rejects in nani, welbeck and smalling? we dont need a backup winger we have gnabry and podolski, if we do we should go for something a bit more upmarket with more potential, i have no response for welbeck or smalling, its criminal that they will probably be in an england shirt this summer just because they play for utd.
Reply 534
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
why are we considering these man utd rejects in nani, welbeck and smalling? we dont need a backup winger we have gnabry and podolski, if we do we should go for something a bit more upmarket with more potential, i have no response for welbeck or smalling, its criminal that they will probably be in an england shirt this summer just because they play for utd.

Thank you.

Someone sees sense.

Just.. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, he's crap.

Having said that, he'll no doubt tear it up in the WC.
Original post by matchdayG
This is literally the archetypal Arsenal fan comment. I expected better of you.

It's called an opinion. You don't think he's in the top 10 then?

Name 10 better, I'm willing to be corrected.
Original post by Pete_91
It's called an opinion. You don't think he's in the top 10 then?

Name 10 better, I'm willing to be corrected.

I don't watch enough European football to judge and create a top 10. I'm just saying that it's typical of an Arsenal fan to forget how many goals their defenders and defence have conceded, forget that Koscielny made an error leading to a goal a week ago, and use a good performance against a relegation candidate to come out and say 'oh yeah, he's one of the 5 best in the world'.

Simply for his history of gaffes and errors, there are quite a few I'd take ahead of Koscielny, who has still matured into a fine defender.
Original post by matchdayG
I don't watch enough European football to judge and create a top 10. I'm just saying that it's typical of an Arsenal fan to forget how many goals their defenders and defence have conceded, forget that Koscielny made an error leading to a goal a week ago, and use a good performance against a relegation candidate to come out and say 'oh yeah, he's one of the 5 best in the world'.

Simply for his history of gaffes and errors, there are quite a few I'd take ahead of Koscielny, who has still matured into a fine defender.

The issue of conceding loads of goals is a systemic issue and as Zurich highlighted the current best defence in the league (Cahill and Terry) shipped 5 goals at home under AVB against us as a result of playing a suicidal system.

Believe what you want about that goal but for me it was Arteta's lack of tracking and the ease in which Kallstrom was bullied off the ball that allowed the goal. Koscielny then failed to clear but he's third in line for the blame.

In terms of 1 on 1s there are few defenders I'd rather have protecting the GK than Koscielny. He's proved this against Messi, Suarez, Aguero, RVP etc.

Like I said top 5 is a stretch but as an individual defender he's top 10 for me.
Original post by Pete_91
The issue of conceding loads of goals is a systemic issue and as Zurich highlighted the current best defence in the league (Cahill and Terry) shipped 5 goals at home under AVB against us as a result of playing a suicidal system.

Believe what you want about that goal but for me it was Arteta's lack of tracking and the ease in which Kallstrom was bullied off the ball that allowed the goal. Koscielny then failed to clear but he's third in line for the blame.

In terms of 1 on 1s there are few defenders I'd rather have protecting the GK than Koscielny. He's proved this against Messi, Suarez, Aguero, RVP etc.

Like I said top 5 is a stretch but as an individual defender he's top 10 for me.

I'd even go as far as saying the Mert-Kos partnership is top 5 material.

Terry-Cahill / Ramos-Pepe / Chiellini-Bonucci / Dante-Boateng.

Latest