The Student Room Group

Pomodoro

Hey guys! I've recently heard about something called the "Pomodoro" technique and I'm wondering if this is good to use for revision.

Does it work well? Have you guys tried it?

Any answers will be valuable, please and thank you!

More information about the technique can be found here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
Reply 1
I use the Pomodoro technique for most of my revision, and I'd say it's pretty good! I sometimes can get a little distracted after 4 or 5 hours, and I end up either here or on Tumblr, but the technique pretty much forces you to pay attention for 25 or so minutes, and then you get a break in which to catch up on the distractions. I'd try it out and see if it works for you, because like everything, some things work better for some people :smile:
Reply 2
It's BRILLIANT, I tell you, BRILLIANT!
I've been using this since January and I strongly believe that my mental agility is better off now than it was before...

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ché.
It's BRILLIANT, I tell you, BRILLIANT!
I've been using this since January and I strongly believe that my mental agility is better off now than it was before...

:biggrin::wink::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I can't wait to see how well it'll help my revision. Thanks once again! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by HarjKS
Thank you, I can't wait to see how well it'll help my revision. Thanks once again! :biggrin:

You're most welcome!
:smile::wink::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
bear™ has never come across this before :hmmmm2:
Reply 6
I've been trying it and loving it so far. It's very helpful and I no longer feel so stressed out. Thank you all again :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by HarjKS
I've been trying it and loving it so far. It's very helpful and I no longer feel so stressed out. Thank you all again :smile:

Wow... It really seems to work in no time then; you're welcome and happy revising away! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a decent amount of evidence supporting the validity of this technique. Doesn't work for me but there's nothing stopping you from giving it a go.

Quick Reply

Latest