The Student Room Group

What can I do with these GCSE grades?

My predicted GCSE grades are all B's with maybe an A in Additional science, and Geography. I achieved a C in core science and Merit in P.E BTEC. Everything else including Maths and English are predicted to be B's.
I'm interested in the medical field but don't mind venturing out of it. I am stuck for options for what to do. I chose Biology Chemistry and Maths/Psychology for one of my college places. So what can I do in the future and what do you recommend and any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OhMyGoat
My predicted GCSE grades are all B's with maybe an A in Additional science, and Geography. I achieved a C in core science and Merit in P.E BTEC. Everything else including Maths and English are predicted to be B's.
I'm interested in the medical field but don't mind venturing out of it. I am stuck for options for what to do. I chose Biology Chemistry and Maths/Psychology for one of my college places. So what can I do in the future and what do you recommend and any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean? You can do anything you want to with those grades :smile:
EDIT: I'm not sure how strict medical schools are with the C in core science. But I'm sure if you do well in A levels, and gain some appropriate experience, even that wouldn't be a problem :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
When do your GCSE's start? Predicted grades are just that, a prediction. Try to improve your grades and you'll have more doors open for you and it'll allow you more time to make a decision on your career path.

Mathematics - M4ths.com, HegartyMaths
English - MrBruff
Science - (Normal, Additional, Triple)
Religious Education - CGP Book
History - CGP Book

Use the above websites and books and try your best - look through the forums here, most Medicine applicants have fantastic GCSE's!
Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hellodave5
What do you mean? You can do anything you want to with those grades :smile:
EDIT: I'm not sure how strict medical schools are with the C in core science. But I'm sure if you do well in A levels, and gain some appropriate experience, even that wouldn't be a problem :smile:

Hmm. What sort of medical work is available. Some require A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OhMyGoat
Hmm. What sort of medical work is available. Some require A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you may struggle to get onto an undergraduate medical course if you don't get a A*-B in science I presume, as they are extremely selective. Though this would also depend on your A levels and experience gained. It is still very possible that you could get a place in a med school if you do well at A level and write a good personal statement!

There are lots of other medical fields which you could go into through a BSc route. For instance, I am just finishing my psychology degree and I am going into a MSc in Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience in September. My GCSE's weren't brilliant - mostly C's, few B's, and a D.
Medical schools want at least 10+ A*s-As

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending