The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Mature students starting September 2014

Hi folks!

I'm Marie and I've accepted an offer to study BSc Psychology at Derby which starts on my 29th birthday!

I've been working as an Early Years Educator for the past few years and have studied Child Development and attended courses regarding Child Development, Additional Needs and Behavioural Management to name but a few, in which many theories have been picked apart and constructed to form current legislation. These have sparked a desire to study Psychology at a higher level.

In my job I also work with outside agencies and I found the role of the educational psychologists who would come into the setting extremely appealing. My manager encouraged me to chase my dream and so here I am! Making it happen! I originally stuffed up my A-levels when I was 17/18 and so have taken a much longer route to get here! However, I thought back then that I might like to do law whereas now I know that I want to do Psychology, what I'm do with it, and how I'm going to get there - so I believe it is at an advantage.

So, what has made you want to want to enter into Higher Education at a mature age?

Marie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest