The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F582 21st MAY 2014 THREAD************

Hi Guys :smile:
I noticed that nobody had made an official thread for this exam so I thought I'd go ahead and make one! Anybody have any ideas on the questions that might come up? Under a month to go now!!! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
How's everyone revision going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Feel like I just need to get around the policies topic especially protectionism. The thing I love above f582 is tht once you know one thing, it is very easy to expand upon that this remembering things you thought you did not know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Did anyone get a heads up from teachers as to what might be the essay question at the end?

I feel slightly disadvantaged with my AS exams, as my first 3 were all on Monday, then I have one next Monday (Business), Tuesday (Psychology), Wednesday (Economics) and Friday (Philosophy)! Talk about cramming lol! Then I have one more after the half term :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 0mgJohn
Did anyone get a heads up from teachers as to what might be the essay question at the end?

I feel slightly disadvantaged with my AS exams, as my first 3 were all on Monday, then I have one next Monday (Business), Tuesday (Psychology), Wednesday (Economics) and Friday (Philosophy)! Talk about cramming lol! Then I have one more after the half term :smile:

I have the the same problem! Maths c1 (Monday) Economics & Biology (Wednesday) Maths c2 (Thursday) and chemistry (Friday) then three after half term!
Reply 6
For the unit 1 paper, how many marks would you lose if you just talked about taxation???
any guesses for the 18 marker?
Reply 8
Original post by clara16
I have the the same problem! Maths c1 (Monday) Economics & Biology (Wednesday) Maths c2 (Thursday) and chemistry (Friday) then three after half term!

This is literally exactly me but I have four after half term! I pressume you are only asking statistics as opposed to statistics and mechanics??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by brenkongroup
any guesses for the 18 marker?

Be sure to read International Trade for e.g protectionist policies/arguments for and against.

Trade will probably be the only 'surprise' 18 marker, the rest should be implicitly/explicitly be able to be answered.
Original post by Hody421
Be sure to read International Trade for e.g protectionist policies/arguments for and against.

Trade will probably be the only 'surprise' 18 marker, the rest should be implicitly/explicitly be able to be answered.

What are the common types
Inflation
Unemployment/output
Economic growth
Trade

what else?
Reply 11
Original post by tomixox
This is literally exactly me but I have four after half term! I pressume you are only asking statistics as opposed to statistics and mechanics??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah im just doing AS maths instead of any of the A2 units aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats everyone's exam structure for the 18 markers on unit 2 then? I've been taught:

Discuss the effectiveness of lowering interest rates in order to stimulate economic growth
L1: Define the key terms in the question.

L2: Briefly explain the links, Talk about about the different types of economic growth.

L3: Analyse anything that needs to be analysed with appropriate diagrams. I would analyse the effects of lowering interest rates on economic growth using appropriate diagrams, Short run growth, long run growth.

L4 I would talk about factors effecting the effectiveness of the policy, for example, consumer confidence, how much the interest rates are lowered by, how much spare capacity is available. I would also talk about the trade off between other macroeconomic objectives. Make a final judgement

Can any economic whiz kids or teachers out there give me any advice on how to improve my 18 mark structure:colone:
Reply 13
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQbBh9Jn2IjcSPZOiNKJu0g

this is a very useful revision resource
How would you structure the 18 marker for International Trade?
1. Short intro involving definitions and brief overview
2. First AO3
3. First AO4
4. Second AO3
5. Second AO4
6. Third AO3
7. Third AO4
8. Judgement and conclusion
(You should have at least two relevant graphs throughout the essay although I would advise more)
Reply 16
Is the 18m almost definitely going to be on one of the policies (fiscal,monetary,supply side) & how effective it is at doing __blah__ ?

If not what other types can come up?

I feel like with F581 it was 99.9% certain to be market failure but i just dont have a clue with F582

Posted from TSR Mobile
any good revision resources for international trade anyone?
Reply 18
Original post by clara16
Is the 18m almost definitely going to be on one of the policies (fiscal,monetary,supply side) & how effective it is at doing __blah__ ?

If not what other types can come up?

I feel like with F581 it was 99.9% certain to be market failure but i just dont have a clue with F582

Posted from TSR Mobile

People are saying it might be on International trade but I don't see how we can evaluate that..
F582 has so much content, it's impossible to predict the 18 marker :s

F582 18 Markers.docx
Reply 19
idk I'm just confused 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending