The Student Room Group

Physics Philosophy

Which is a more respected degree, Physics BSC or Philosophy BSC? One with better job prospects (not specifically to do with just Physics or just Philosophy though) and one that is enjoyable? What would the contact hours be for each at Uni?
Reply 1
Original post by emilyjordan56
Which is a more respected degree, Physics BSC or Philosophy BSC? One with better job prospects (not specifically to do with just Physics or just Philosophy though) and one that is enjoyable? What would the contact hours be for each at Uni?

Why don't you do a combined one.
Reply 2
Original post by 391iady
Why don't you do a combined one.

The Uni that I want to go to did do a combined one but they had to remove the course as not many applicants went for it, so have to choose between the two now sigh
Reply 3
The Uni that I want to go to did do a combined one but they had to remove the course as not many applicants went for it, so have to choose between the two now sigh

have you considered looking at other uni's?
Reply 4
Original post by 391iady
have you considered looking at other uni's?

Yeah but this is one I like, plus I was not sure if I wanted to do Physics anyway, I would prefer to do Philosophy but have heard that it's "a waste of time degree" or it's a "soft degree" and would not get anything out of it and it doesn't help the world in any way so am not sure anymore
Which is a more respected degree, Physics BSC or Philosophy BSC?

Physics

One with better job prospects?

Physics

one that is enjoyable?

This will depend on the person.

What would the contact hours be for each at Uni?

Phil 6-12 hours p/w.
Phys 16-24 hours p/w including labs.
Reply 6
Original post by cambio wechsel
Physics

Physics

This will depend on the person.

Phil 6-12 hours p/w.
Phys 16-24 hours p/w including labs.

Thank you!!!! But does that mean Physics is a lot more respected than Philosophy or only a bit????
Thank you!!!! But does that mean Physics is a lot more respected than Philosophy or only a bit????

a lot
Reply 8
Original post by Wiggledinho
a lot

This is where I get stuck as I want to do Philosophy but I also want to be able to do a degree that is respected sigh
Reply 9

Lots and lots. I doubt you would cope with it if you don't really want to do it though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending