The Student Room Group

Is maths A-level hard?

I got a B easily in GCSE maths and I would quite like to take it at AS level only, do you think id be able to cope?
Reply 1
I'm still at GCSE level, however, both my brother and sister have finished their A-levels. From what I've heard, it is quite difficult and they both dropped out after the first year! My teachers have said though, as long as you are willing to put in effort, you should be getting the higher grades. The minimum grade at my current school to take mathematics at a-level is an A. If you think you could have gotten an A or higher, I think you should be able to cope easily. Just don't slack!

Regards.
Original post by Heatherjones77
I got a B easily in GCSE maths and I would quite like to take it at AS level only, do you think id be able to cope?

I don't think AS Level Maths is that hard. I think that if you got a B at GCSE you might find C1 slightly harder than other people with A/A*'s, because the first part of C1 basically recaps A*-Level GCSE.
I actually love maths but it's heavily based on algebra.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As maths isn't as bad as I thought however a2 is!!! Revising a2 ATM but at as last year I got a B with lots of hard work!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing as maths at the moment and it is really hard. But as i keep revising over the topics it gets easier its just pratice ive found. If you really love maths do it because you have to be very dedicated, it is not like GCSE at all, you actually have to work lol.

Quick Reply

Latest