The Student Room Group

Sick and tired of my dad trying to push his new family on to me

My parents split up two years ago. Since then my dad has been in a relationship with another divorced woman who despite her not being married to my dad tries to act like she is replacing my mum. Her and her family don't live with us but my dad spends major holidays with them - Christmas Eve I was staying with family friends and I will do the same for Easter because my dad will be spending it with his new family. He already spends long weekends over at their house. My mother doesn't live close to me anymore. I have never felt close to my dad's partner and I've never clicked with his children either. Every time I've been to a gathering with them it's clear that while they love my dad they don't want me around. Me and my dad get into lots of arguments now because he fails to understand why I don't like them and don't want anything to do with them, why I never text with her daughters or go to things with all of them together. It's ruining our relationship, I know I'm an adult and it shouldn't bother me now but it does. He has never been to visit me at uni but he visits his partner's daughter who is also at university somewhere else. I feel lonely, s*** and like I have no real family as neither of my own parents really care about me :frown: please help?

Anonymous Girl, 20
Reply 1
*typo = HER children

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending