The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Nurses?!

I start Nursing (Learning Disability) at Cumbria this year, anyone else? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Emilehh
I start Nursing (Learning Disability) at Cumbria this year, anyone else? :biggrin:

Hi I'm starting the nursing (learning Disability) in September. Thank god I've found someone before we start (if I get the grades) Are you staying in halls?
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Original post by Emilehh

Hey yeah! I start the same course in September, I've applied for the Waddell Hall accommodation.
Waiting for an offer ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emilehh

Im starting in September didn't think I'd find any other people that were :smile:
I received an offer today for the Lancaster campus for Learning Disability Nursing - not sure what accommodation to go for!!
Would like to be in the actual campus but I'm not keen on the catering accommodation... Does anyone know if it is like set meals at set times? Or does the money go on a card?
So excited!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by laurenjaynesmith
I received an offer today for the Lancaster campus for Learning Disability Nursing - not sure what accommodation to go for!!
Would like to be in the actual campus but I'm not keen on the catering accommodation... Does anyone know if it is like set meals at set times? Or does the money go on a card?
So excited!

Congrats on receiving your offer today. As far as I know it's on a card, well that's what it states on their website. I applied fro Wadell hall which is catered so hopefully it is on a card and not set times :/.
I like the look of Waddell hall - do you know if there are any places left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like the look of Waddell hall - do you know if there are any places left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stephen is the name of the accommodation officer. He would be the one to ask, I can message you his email if you would like. I'm sure there is still places left though :smile:. You should send you accommodation application as soon as you can. Just to be sure :smile:
I haven't received any information for accommodation yet because I've just sent my reference and they have to accept my offer I think :frown:
I'll email him if you could send me his email? That would be so great!
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Tasha!
I have just emailed and he said it is still fine to apply to Waddell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm also going to study learning disability nursing at the lancaster campus. I'm going to be in mill hall because the meal times are set so would be difficult if I were on placement! xx
Nice to meet you all :biggrin:
Hi Kelly!
Have you sent off your application for everything?
Has everyone also been invited to an induction day in June?
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kellyd253
Hi, I'm also going to study learning disability nursing at the lancaster campus. I'm going to be in mill hall because the meal times are set so would be difficult if I were on placement! xx
Nice to meet you all :biggrin:

You can still use your cumbria card at the eating places on campus whenever you want at any time.
Hi Kelly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't make the orientation day unfortunately, I live in Northern Ireland so it's too expensive getting flights and trains back and forward. I hope I don't miss anything. Are you going?
I think I am! Might get a hotel and stay the night before because I live nearly 3 hours away.. Not sure yet!
I sent my application off for Waddell Halls last week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just created a page on Facebook if anyone wants to go on it?
Its just so that we can all speak and get to know each other a bit before September!!

Would be nice to hear from some other people and if anyone has any worries or anything :smile:

Link is below v v v v v v

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Learning-Disability-Nursing-2014-University-of-Cumbria-Lancaster-Campus/694989247228933?skip_nax_wizard=true
That's a really good idea :smile:. It would be nice to sort of get to know people before.
Hi Kelly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya! Yes all sorted just got to get the grades now!!l and yes on the 25th i think or around that date :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending