The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance with a NHS bursary as well?

Hi
I have been given an offer to study BSc Adult Nursing in September this year (2014) and I am in the process of completing an application for the NHS bursary.
I've been told though that I can also apply for the maintenance loan from student finance, even though I don't need the tuition fee loan.
I have started an application on gov.uk but it only seems to tell me that I am not eligible for the tuition fee loan and does not show me how to apply for any other finance. ??
Any comments would be really helpful.
Thanks x
Hi,

You definitely can apply for a reduced rate maintenance loan through Student Finance if you are studying on an NHS funded course.

On the application form you are completing, there will be a question which will ask if you are receiving an NHS bursary, when you state that you are, you will later come to a question which asks if you would like to apply for a maintenance loan. Providing that you select yes, you will be assessed for the maintenance loan only.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Hi Mark

Does this also work if my NHS bursary is not income assessed, because as soon as I click that it isn't it says I'm not eligible for student finance?

I don't know whether I'm filling in the wrong application form?

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks x
Reply 3
Hi Mark

I've just had a ditzy moment and realised that my NHS bursary is income assessed. I've now managed to complete my application form and send it off.

Thanks for all your help! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending